FS ESP M-II Custom Prototype (1 of 4) "Grafitti" Michael Wilton of Queensryche!!!

TSgtMatt

• Members

First off, this guitar is the real deal. The previous owner did extensive research and was even flown out by Queensryche as a guest back in 2007 to verify by Michael Wilton if this was one of his stolen guitars during the "Empire" tour back in the early 90's. The previous owner contacted the ESP USA Custom Shop Artist Relations to verify the backround on the guitar. It was confirmed that this guitar (no serial number) was 1 of 4 M-II Customs that was built for 3 artists (Michael Wilton got 2, Kirk Hammett got 1) and Gene Harrison hand painted the graphic not by airbrushing, but with those shaker paint pens. Don't confuse this guitar with any of the production "Grafitti" guitars as they are completely different. The production ones were airbrushed (there are no "brush" strokes in the graphics) and most were bolt on necks. You can see the "brush" strokes on this one.

This guitar also features a neck-through design that is fully bound with 24 frets and mother-of-pearl offset rectangle inlays and a reverse headstock. The tremolo is a Sinclair that is recessed but the sustain block features a stop that can be adjusted for floating setup or dive only. I believe the bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan and the neck is a mini-railed humbucker. The frets are in pretty much new condition with little to no visible wear. The body itself is in excellent condition but with some very minor play wear. She is a screaming guitar that sets up so smooth you would swear that it plays itself. I am including the Dimarzio Straplock and she will come in a brand new ESP hard case, complete with the key for the lock.

There is some controversy that this was actually one of Michael Wilton's stage played guitars...The ESP guys say it is, but some people who never laid eyes on it in person say it isn't. All I know is that Queensryche wouldn't fly a guy damn near across the country just so that Wilton can look at the guitar. Either way this guitar is a friggin' steal at SOLD.

These pictures are all new and taken on Nov. 1, 2011. Some jackass decided to use some of my old pictures to scam someone else...so to aleviate any doubt that the guitar is still in my possession I took some new pictures. I also changed the strings (DR Hi-Def Neon Green .09-.42's) and also cleaned & waxed her.

P1012657.jpg

P1012659.jpg

P1012660.jpg

P1012662.jpg

P1012602.jpg

P1012603.jpg

P1012605.jpg

P1012604.jpg

P1012608.jpg

P1012600.jpg

• Members

First off, this guitar is the real deal. The previous owner did extensive research and was even flown out by Queensryche as a guest back in 2007 to verify by Michael Wilton if this was one of his stolen guitars during the "Empire" tour back in the early 90's. The previous owner contacted the ESP USA Custom Shop Artist Relations to verify the backround on the guitar. It was confirmed that this guitar (no serial number) was 1 of 4 M-II Customs that was built for 3 artists (Michael Wilton got 2, Kirk Hammett got 1) and Gene Harrison hand painted the graphic not by airbrushing, but with those shaker paint pens.

I do remember this story a couple years ago.

• Members

I believe you can see Michael playing this guitar in the video for "Empire", with many closeup shots. Bump for a killer axe and one of my all time favorite bands, check out the latest album! Michael Wilton has really been playing his heart out on the last couple of records, handling the guitars by himself mainly, I know it has been a challenge for them to find the right second guitarist since DeGarmo split, but Michael has what it takes to do the guitars alone! The rest of the band is really in top form, especially Scott Rockenfield, my favorite drummer of all time without a doubt, his playing here is better than ever!

Archived