Charvel Model 5FX

Bengal

• Members

I have a 1987 Charvel Model 5FX for sale or trade. Black Cherry finish. This is one without the added tone knob. Great shape, some dents but nothing huge. Comes with a Charvel chainsaw case. Looking to sell or trade. I'll bump a few times and if no interest, back in the closet it goes with a bunch of other shredders.

char1.jpg

char2.jpg

char3.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me add a bit about what I'm looking for and what I'm not.

This is a very nice Japanese made Charvel, every bit as quality as the Japanese made Ibanez stuff or Jackson stuff. I'm even going to say it's better than those. I could argue the goodness of the 80's MIJ stuff but I'll save it.

I'm not looking for anything MIK. No Schecters, LTD's, or any MIK stuff. It's not on the same level as this guitar. So that should be kept in mind when offering something.

I'm also not in a big hurry to trade/sell. I have tons of guitars and when I float them out there it's out of boredom and not the "need" for something else. I have everything I "need" so I'm not going to make it trade heavy in your favor. Not going to happen.

Look around, you can find people here asking over 1K for MIJ/CIJ stuff. I find that laughable but my price is closer to 1K than it is $300. Another point to keep in mind.

And I also know that times are tough for most people so I won't cry and bitch if I don't get any offers that interest me. I'll just put it back in the closet and take it out again in 5 years and ask 1500 for it at that time. Makes no difference to me.

• Members

An '89 what?

I just did a search for Model 5fx and found nothing current or completed.

Again people, there were less than 300 of these made. It's not your "run of the mill Charvel" and will be priced accordingly.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Charvel-5fx-rare-Toothpaste-logo_W0QQitemZ300401630256QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item45f1551c30

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm a little gun shy when it comes to guitars with no tone control, can you tell me if that's ever been an issue? I had a PRS One that was always too bright and there was nothing I could do about it except put in a new stacked pot which controlled both tone and volume. I generally like to play with the tone knob turned all the way off, so would I have an issue with yours in this regard?

• Members

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm a little gun shy when it comes to guitars with no tone control, can you tell me if that's ever been an issue? I had a PRS One that was always too bright and there was nothing I could do about it except put in a new stacked pot which controlled both tone and volume. I generally like to play with the tone knob turned all the way off, so would I have an issue with yours in this regard?

Never been a problem with me. I'm guessing it will be for you if you like to use the tone knob. To me, tone knobs can rob tone. I like them straight though with only a volume pot in the chain.

Archived