No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 5FX

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man.

These are great guitars, it just surprises me that some either don't know or think I don't know.

I get it that everyone would like a good deal but this isn't craigslist.
    You Are Not What You Own

Good Deals With: spindlergallery, TomCray, FuzzyDXMG, dogbone94, ajympt, FastAssTT, gypsyguitars, gibson21001, rzul, uberthrall, jmannatl, mrlutton, jiujitsu_kid, rok-en-rol

Comment

I have a nice MIJ Charvel that I love, but if you seriously want to sell this my advice is to set a price. Cloak and dagger usually doesn't work.

Comment

You must not have read my earlier post.

But I'll say this. If you'd like to buy it, shoot me an offer. If I like it, I'll take it. If not, I won't. Don't know what's so hard about that.
        You Are Not What You Own

Good Deals With: spindlergallery, TomCray, FuzzyDXMG, dogbone94, ajympt, FastAssTT, gypsyguitars, gibson21001, rzul, uberthrall, jmannatl, mrlutton, jiujitsu_kid, rok-en-rol

Comment

All pm's returned.
          You Are Not What You Own

Comment

An 89 MIJ sold on eBay with 42 bids for $455 plus $30 shipping and eBay and Paypal take 10% so this person netted 436.50 and had to pay the shipping. So how does $450 sound?

Comment

An '89 what?

I just did a search for Model 5fx and found nothing current or completed.

Again people, there were less than 300 of these made. It's not your "run of the mill Charvel" and will be priced accordingly.
              You Are Not What You Own

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Charvel-5fx-rare-Toothpaste-logo_W0QQitemZ300401630256QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuita r?hash=item45f1551c30

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm a little gun shy when it comes to guitars with no tone control, can you tell me if that's ever been an issue? I had a PRS One that was always too bright and there was nothing I could do about it except put in a new stacked pot which controlled both tone and volume. I generally like to play with the tone knob turned all the way off, so would I have an issue with yours in this regard?

Comment

Not a 5fx. Note the logo and the trem.
                  You Are Not What You Own

Comment

Before anyone asks.

The Charvel in the link is a 550XL, NOT a 5fx.
                    You Are Not What You Own

Comment

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm a little gun shy when it comes to guitars with no tone control, can you tell me if that's ever been an issue? I had a PRS One that was always too bright and there was nothing I could do about it except put in a new stacked pot which controlled both tone and volume. I generally like to play with the tone knob turned all the way off, so would I have an issue with yours in this regard?

Never been a problem with me. I'm guessing it will be for you if you like to use the tone knob. To me, tone knobs can rob tone. I like them straight though with only a volume pot in the chain.
                      You Are Not What You Own

Comment

I actually don't like to use tone knobs, which is why I usually turn them all the way off. But if the pickups are too bright then you're pretty much out of luck. So, I'm hearing you say that there is not an issue with this guitar sounding overly bright, right?

Oh and here is another one in the mid $400 range, that sold in late 07.
                        http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-19987-Charvel-Model-5FX-Neck-thru-Metal-Guitar

Comment

No, never had a neckthrough guitar that I'd call bright. I find them more midrangy and bassy.
                          You Are Not What You Own

Comment

I guess the third time is a charm. I found one exactly like yours for $500. No wait, it IS yours. At least now we know 'a' price if nothing else. Love the color!
                            http://omaha.craigslist.org/msg/1636308305.html

Comment

Nice work Sherlock.
                              You Are Not What You Own

Comment

You have to love a person who gives "advise" then shows he knows nothing about the guitar in question then uses the thread as a way to prove some kind of "point".

Tell you what, since I like you so much, I'll sell it to you for $900, everyone else pays $700 plus shipping and no paypal. Paypal sucks balls.

Now if you don't mind, I have a date with a Blu-Ray copy of The Shining.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said $500, where did you get that number?
                                You Are Not What You Own

Comment

Working...
                                X