Custom Waterslide Headstock Decals

vidiot72

• Members

I don't know if anyone is interested but I am a graphic artist and just made a waterslide for myself and was just going to see if anyone else needed one. I can put whatever you want on it so this can be done for all you new builders out there or all you dudes that like to put together partscasters. Don't let your new girl have an identity crisis! Some people don't care but I just can't stand a naked headstock! I WILL NOT make a logo that looks just like a real one but I can do some real cool custom stuff. $15 for two, pp and mailed! If it is pretty intensive we need to talk, but we can send proofs back and forth until we get it dialed in.
Here is what I did for myself:
karmacaster2.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is really cool. I have an OLP that I modded and play all of the time with a blank headstock and was thinking of getting a WHO CARES? in a similar font to the EBMM. If you don't mind, I am going to add you to my buddy list so once my PP account is verified in a couple of days I can order.

• Members

I thought it was kinda cool too! Alot of guys are selling slides on ebay but they won't actually create a new logo for you. I'll keep everything on file too so when you need another I can just shoot it out! I haven't tested it yet but I can probably do pinup girls or even photos of your kid or something too!

• Members

Oh, just for reference I am including 2 decals because if you haven't done one of these before you'll probably screw it up. Nothing personal, just a fact. If you don't, you have an extra to use later but if you do then you'll have the experience to do the second one right. I put the Karmacaster on last night and screwed it up. I had another one without the Frankenstein head so I put that one on...It's looks GREAT! I have two identical strats and my wife (limited guitar knowledge mind you) couldn't tell which one was done at the factory!

• Members

No, it goes down right side up! You put it in water and let it sit for about 5 seconds then put it on a towel to sit until the back starts to let go. Then you just kind of slide it off real careful like onto the headstock, you can make small adjustments after you get it down. I had pretty good luck putting a little extra water on the headstock before I slid the decal on. After you get a feel for how it works after screwing the first one up it's pretty simple.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Altgtr33 View Post
You put up a how-to link before I could find one on the Squier '51 forum. Quick work, new builder.
I work in front of a computer, so I have mad Googling and Youtube skillz.

I am really excited. My first custom guitar had a sticker I made at Kinkos exacto cut and painted over. Vidiot is going to get some business from me.

It seems like watersliding has to be easier than exacto cutting stickers and not screwing them up. I had to cut four or five when I was drinking to get one I was happy with and these trump those big time in quality.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by newbuilder View Post
I work in front of a computer, so I have mad Googling and Youtube skillz.

I am really excited. My first custom guitar had a sticker I made at Kinkos exacto cut and painted over. Vidiot is going to get some business from me.

It seems like watersliding has to be easier than exacto cutting stickers and not screwing them up. I had to cut four or five when I was drinking to get one I was happy with and these trump those big time in quality.
Yeah, the waterslide logo's are nice(when they're done right). I'm trying to finish what dixie 10-8 did to the Squier Jag-master I got from him.
Should look really sweetcool.gif
And Vidiot is a nice guy to work with also. We've sent PM's back and fourth just BS'ing with each other even when we're not doing businessthumb.gif