FS/FT: USA Jackson PC1 Mocha

exposeenmity

• Members

Well, I've decided to part with my PC1. After playing a Caparison Dellinger at HCAF's Ampfest in Austin, I just have to have one. When I purchased this, I was told it was a '97, however, I do not believe it is. The serial number indicates that it is in fact a '99. Jackson's website states that for this serial range, there were only 50 USA bolt-on guitars made for the year of '99; that would make this one number 24.

As you can see from the pictures, it is the non-strat head version. I couldn't believe this was almost a ten year old guitar when I received it. The top is just amazing. The condition is fantastic; not mint, but I would rate it at about a 9.5. There are some tiny blems; most of which can't be seen unless at the right angle. I will provide photos for those that are seriously interested.

Specs:

Currently setup with a set of GHS Boomers GMB (.011, .015, .018, .026, .036, .050) *I like 'em heavy*

Mahogany body

Quilted Maple top in Jackson's Mocha finish (the more desired finishing technique was used on the older models only, Jackson stopped this technique because of regulatory reasons if I remember correctly)

25.5" scale 24 Jumbo frets

Maple bolt-on neck (unfinished from the factory)

Neck dimensions are: 3rd Fret: .825

• Members

I love this Guitar. Im really looking for a Hardtail High end Jackson. If this was without a floyd......Id be all over it! Beautiful ax my friend

Thanks! Unfortunately I have no control over the bridge type, lol. You'll have to take that one up with Phil Collen. :lol:

• Members

This is a SWEET guitar, IMO....I've had a couple of ESP Lynch models, and I found, when trying to sell them, that signature models are kind of a niche thing - in that you have to find a buyer that is really into that artist. Now this guitar is much more "subtle" than a neon Kamikaze I realize, but that could be part of the reason you haven't had much interest on it...I tell ya, if I had the $$, and hadn't just put a custom Charvel on layaway (and yesterday found a 88 Pink Jem at a shop right down the street from me), I would be ALL over this guitar. They sound amazing and play even better - and have a great look to them. Be patient, the right buyer is out there...and if my situation changes, and I come into some $ and it's still available, I'll hit ya up! :thu:

• Members

this is just a feeler, but would you trade for a EBMM Axis?

Not too into the EBMM Axis's, sorry. I really need to recoup from my Caparison purchase so I'm looking more to sell, but if there's anything trade wise I'm interested in, I'll consider it.

Still wide open and available. Let's see some PM's people! emoticon_guitar_solo__D_by_TheBigBadFish

• Members

You have no idea how much I appreciate that offer. I checked out the specs on the Horus and I don't think I would feel comfortable with it. The scale length is only 24-3/4" with 27 frets. I hardly use all 24 of my frets and it's 25.5". I'm afraid I'd feel cramped. If it weren't for that, I'd would be all over it. Let me know if anything else down the line comes up.
;)

Not too into the EBMM Axis's, sorry. I really need to recoup from my Caparison purchase so I'm looking more to sell, but if there's anything trade wise I'm interested in, I'll consider it.

Still wide open and available. Let's see some PM's people!
emoticon_guitar_solo__D_by_TheBigBadFish

It's not as bad as you'd think, really. I don't hardly ever use 24 frets, but having 27 opens up the board to get to the 24th easier when I DO get up there, if you know what I mean. I switch between the 25.5 Dellinger and 24.75 Angelus/Horus at shows and while there is a difference, it's not bad, if you know what I mean. I understand though, just wanted to let ya know. Let me know if you change your mind. :thu:

-Ans-

• Members

It's not as bad as you'd think, really. I don't hardly ever use 24 frets, but having 27 opens up the board to get to the 24th easier when I DO get up there, if you know what I mean. I switch between the 25.5 Dellinger and 24.75 Angelus/Horus at shows and while there is a difference, it's not bad, if you know what I mean. I understand though, just wanted to let ya know. Let me know if you change your mind.
:thu:

-Ans-

Will do man! Again, I really appreciate that offer. :thu:

Still available people. :wave:

Archived