FS- 1967 Kent 742 (As used by Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth)

AndrewWaite

• Members

Up for grabs is a 1967 Kent 742 model as made famous by Sonic Youth guitarist Thurston Moore in the early days of the band. Neck is good, and the zero fret has been replaced so it's playing great right now. In fairly good shape for a guitar over 40 years old but there are a few things to note. There are 4 pickups on this model and the 2nd one isn't working. When I first got the guitar it DID work but was lower in output so I feel like it needs to be rewound most likely. I think there was a trem on this guitar at one time hence the hole in the bridge but it came to me without the trem and I feel like it's most likely better off without one. The is a switch in the lower left corner and I'm not sure what it was meant to do but it seems like a killswitch, anyway it's spring loaded and the spring had come out so I have it disabled but it could be easily restored. There are some cosmetic blemished in the binding that aren't visible from the front, and by no means is the binding finding off or anything like that. Anyway, it's the only one I've ever seen here and it's a really cool specimen, especially for old school blues slide tone.

$450

Price is pretty firm...no trades at all. Paypal accepted, item located in Canada but willing to ship at buyers expense. (I don't inflate shipping fees, you pay the actual cost)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348788[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348791[/ATTACH]

• 5 months later...

Archived