LP Classic Goltop w/SD Phat 90's- I swore I'd never sell it

AL Guitar

• Members

We just had our 6th child and it's time to start paying for some pretty hefty items. To that end, I'm letting my beloved 2005 Les Paul Classic goldtop go. I've loved and babied this guitar over the last four years. The stock pickups have been replaced with Seymour Duncan Phat 90's and they sound astoundingly good. They produce a very clear, yet round sound. These are by far my favorite pickups now. I've posted a few youtube links below of me goofing around with some lead lines with a little gain, but you can hear the basic character of the pickups coming through.

There's one imperfection in the finish from a wall hanger in the middle of the back (it left a shallow blurry mark in the finish) but there's no buckle rash or dings (I'm really careful with my guitars). Also, in the interest of full disclosure, there's a barely noticeable slightly dark line underneath the finish near the PU selector switch. I had it for a few years before I noticed it but it came from the factory like that. I couldn't get it to show up in the pictures, it's really faint but again; 100% disclosure.

Now the sentimental stuff: I've owned 17 Gibson's (15 LP's) and this has been my "keeper." It plays amazingly well but, in my opinion, has the tone a Les Paul should have. I especially love the "in between" setting between the neck and bridge PU's. When I first heard it I thought "this is the sound I've been chasing for years."

If you have any questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer. Comes with brown Gibson HSC. The case is in very good, but not perfect shape.

Nov2012127.jpg
Nov2012128.jpg
Nov2012129.jpg
Nov2012130.jpg
Nov2012131.jpg
Nov2012132.jpg
Nov2012133.jpg

Here's a few videos I shot a couple of years ago in my basement:

$1400 shipped CONUS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived