Two Gibson Les Pauls FS/FT (1968 Reissue & Supreme)

Rotti

• Members

I have two Gibson Les Pauls currently FS/FT:

(1) '68 Custom Reissue w 5A quilt maple top in "firemist' finish.
Condition: Mint! *EDIT: not mint, extremely close to mint - see post #20 for details & pic* Virtually unplayed. I am the second owner, and both of us purchased this guitar as investments. The instrument has been played to test electronics, has been professionally set up, and has spent the rest of its time glass-cased as wall art or in its Gibson Custom case. There is no wear on any hardware or any marks of any kind on the instrument. Only 25 of these exist!

Modifications: Previous owner installed Dunlop Straplocks. These and original strap buttons will be included in sale, along with a leather strap that has the male ends of the Straplocks.
*Not a mod, but this guitar has a beefy neck. Very much more in the 50's ballpark than 60's... even though it's a '68... I do not understand this, but that's the case. Know that going in.

Specs: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...&CJPID=2278521

Review: http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=105293

Price: Asking $4000 or reasonable offers, [PayPal (NOT "Gift" option)/Shipped+Insured to lower 48 included]. Also open to trades (more details below). Everything mentioned above, a Gibson Custom Case, and a satin guitar cover for inside the case is included in the sale.

NEW pics of '68 RI Custom in post #18

(2) Gibson Les Paul Supreme w 4A flamed maple top and back in "translucent black" finish.
Condition: This guitar has been played extensively and shows as much with normal wear and tear. There are moderate amounts of "buckle rash" on the back that do not penetrate the gloss finish, but are obvious. There is also extensive wear to almost all gold hardware. There is a slight amount of fret wear in a couple places, but nothing extreme or that would affect playing. Neck is straight as an arrow.

Modifications: Previous owner installed a name plate (much like on a plaque) that reads "Juliet" in a script font attached to the rear of the headstock. Its clearly not original from Gibson, but looks to be professionally done. I added Dunlop Straplocks and will include original strap buttons IF I CAN FIND THEM, but assume sale does not include them. I also replaced the neck pickup with a Gibson '57 Classic. Original pickup is not included in the sale.

Specs: http://www.gibson.com/files/usa_pdfs/lpsupreme.pdf

Price: Asking $2500 or reasonable offers, [PayPal (NOT "Gift" option)/Shipped+Insured to lower 48 included]. Also open to trades (more details below). A Gibson case is included with the sale - the case has "art sh!t" on it... I think it should come off pretty easy with rubbing alcohol and a little elbow grease.

And here are NEW pics (additional new pics in post #16):
404486845.jpg
404486830.jpg
404486831.jpg
404486832.jpg
404486833.jpg
404486834.jpg
404486835.jpg
404486836.jpg

*Trades: I'm essentially looking to trade down, either recieving items I need to finish my rig or items I can sell reasonably easily at roughly ebay prices. For trade value, I can offer you the same ebay prices. If it's something for my personal use I can do a little better... and if it's something not mentioned below that I intend to turn into personal use after you offer it I can do a little better on that too

Things I'm looking for: an amp/rack flightcase (just in case anyone here is a quality builder or DIY kinda' guy), amps - I prefer "gain monsters" and out of the ordinary kinda' stuff but that means different things to different people, so try me, a Royer R-101 and/or Shure SM7B, and anything else that could fall into the "trade bait" category - common amps, pedals, guitars, whatever so long as there's a decent demand for it (ie., Catalinbread DLS = Yes, Boss Metal Zone = No).

On ebay I'm "GrisKy11B," and I have one ref on here. If you're in my neck of the woods (Houston area, specifically College Station) I'm not opposed to face-to-face deals, but I'm not driving across the state. Thanks for looking!

***Just to make sure everyone caught this: I'm currently overseas, will be back in the US in less than a week, and will be able to complete any deals at that time.
***Also, I understand a lack of feedback = lack of trust here or on any forum. So, if you've got really great feedback (and I mean REALLY GREAT), I'll ship first and wait for you to recieve before you ship yours. This option will require a paper trail and your written agreement to return ship to point of origin (me) at your expense (should you decide to not keep the guitar(s)) in the same condition as it arrived - time stamped photos will be taken before I ship my guitar(s). This applies only to trades, as we're both covered via PayPal for cash deals.

Thanks for looking! wave.gif

-Rotti

404332360.jpg

• Members

There you go, new links should work now, just tried 'em.
Sorry for your trouble. The previous ones worked for me just a few hours ago :/
Also a Google search of "firemist les paul" will give you good hits on the top (at least as far as the finish goes. To my knowledge, this run of '68RIs are the only LPs Gibson has put this finish on to date)... just in case these links fail.

What can you tell me about those cabs?

EDIT: got my pic to upload correctly now in my opening post... new to this, bear with me.

• Members

I have a custom made 2x12 cab that is covered in a very cool Red/Burgandy Croc embossed leather. This thing is awesome looking. The Cabinet was made to a Mesa 2x12 spec with 18 mil (3/4") 15 ply void free baltic birch plywood with a dadoed baffle and leather handle. I am getting out of the head/cab toting game. Loaded with celestion g12t75s. i have a set of mesa leather corners i will throw in too....

One piece SA mahogany back and neck
One piece eastern maple top
Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with MOP inlays
Ebony headplate
Grover tuners
Gotoh lightweight tailpiece.
Gibson/Schaller ABR1 bridge
Long neck tenon
WCR godwood/bridge
Brandon wound/neck

Progress pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/100_6597.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/100_6598.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/100_6601.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/100_6600.jpg

• Members

Bump for lower price on '68!

...and a reminder to anyone viewing this thread that the ad also states "reasonable offers" and "OBO" (or best offer - if anyone doesn't know that). I'd be happy to take my full asking price if you want to pay it, but I also have some flexibility with these guitars, especially if you've got gear I'm looking for.

Worst I can do is say "no," right?

• Members

Bump for lower price on '68!

...and a reminder to anyone viewing this thread that the ad also states "reasonable offers" and "OBO" (or best offer - if anyone doesn't know that). I'd be happy to take my full asking price if you want to pay it, but I also have some flexibility with these guitars, especially if you've got gear I'm looking for.

Worst I can do is say "no," right?

• Members

No, I didn't make Fab amps, but thanks to the Google machine, I now know what that even is.

...and I get it. New guy, next to no info, you're wondering if these are real guitars for sale in the physical world.
More pics are on the way.

In the meantime, Omni, I've PM'd you, and would appreciate your response ASAP. Your post, while probably addressing legitimate concerns of those who have viewed my listing, also kinda' gives me an undeserved black eye.

Thanks.

• Members

Wrong guy, sorry.
Those are some beautiful guitars as well as the Diezel amp.. I have a rectifier and like it.. I wish I had some extra cash I would take the custom off your hands. Property taxes coming up and that's a real killer for me. As far as the post it's gone. smile.gif

• Members

Omni, I appreciate you posting again!

I've actually sold the dual rec in the pic (along with every cab shown... infact most of what is pictured is no longer mine, lol). It had the "platinum" and series loop mods by Trace Davis at Voodoo Amps. Hellova' amp and hated to part with it, but I sold it to a friend, so I still get visitation rights once in a while. Not to get off topic too much, but for those who don't know, Trace at Voodoo is easily one of the greatest living amp gurus in the world and does phenomenal work! I'd very much like to try one of his modded 5150's or his original V-Rock one day.

The VH4 just offered greater variety and would've been much more difficult to find a buyer for I believe - at least without taking a steep loss - but I do love its tone! I'm told this one originally belonged to Mike Mushok of Staind, but I have no way of verifying this, and I honestly doubt its true.

But I digress...

For everyone else, I got word that pics are coming soon! I'm expecting them by the end of the week.

EDIT: PICS ARE HERE!!!

Archived