FS: 2003 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop Les Paul - Best Year - Brazilian?

Brad737

• Members

Hello all, I've found a vintage Les Paul that I really, really want, so I've decided to sell a couple guitars to make that happen. This was a guitar I thought I was going to hold onto for a long time, but sometimes one has to make a choice.

Here is my 2003 Historic R7 1957 Goldtop Reissue Les Paul. By all accounts, 2003 was one of the best years for Historic Les Pauls. My guitar is in really nice condition, but she has been played a bit. There are a few very small dings and scratches, as one would expect with a killer guitar. But as you can see, she's still an absolutely gorgeous example of Gibson Custom Shop's quality. I've owned a lot of Les Pauls...played a lot more. This one is without a doubt, one of the best-sustaining ones I've had the pleasure to play. She's loaded with 57 Classic humbuckers, and I've performed the "Mapleflame Mod", which replaces the stock 1-inch ABR bridgeposts with 2-inch stainless steel bridgeposts, for increased tone and sustain. This "mod" is 100\%, totally reversible, and the original posts are in the case, if you'd prefer to go back. I've also replaced the stock steel ABR thumbwheels with vintage-correct nickel-plated brass units. But, the originals are also in the case. The neck is the normal '57 profile...nice and beefy for awesome tone. The fretboard is something to behold. I realize that the serial number is outside of the normal range for Brazilian rosewood. But I've owned a lot of guitars with Brazilian rosewood, including currently 6 PRS guitars with entire Brazilian rosewood necks. This fretboard looks, feels, and oh yes, even SMELLS like Brazilian rosewood. Look at the pics. While I can't legally guarantee it, this ultra-dark fretboard just SCREAMS Brazilian to me. Check out the woodgrain in the pics.

Here a few photos:

P1060765.JPG

P1060738.JPG

P1060764.JPG

P1060744.JPG

P1060757.JPG

As you can see, while my 1957 Goldtop reissue has been played a little, but she is still an absolutely gorgeous guitar in great condition. She also includes the original Custom Shop case, and all paperwork, except the COA. (Wasn't included when I got it.) For a quick sale, I'm asking only $2700, but like I said, I'm trying to buy a very special Les Paul, so I'll entertain any serious offers. I'd be happy to accept Paypal, if you cover the fees. If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks, Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived