SOLD

vector350

• Members

Dings, scratches, buckle rash, and rusted harware on the floyd, pick-up rings and height adjustment screws for $1600? Man, I want some of what you're smokin'

Yeah, 'cause looking at your list of guitars, it's clear you've NEVER overpaid for overly-hyped, marginal quality controlled production model midlife crisis guitars. Maybe you better avoid what I'm smokin'. You're doing pretty good on your own. This is a rare one-off from '91 from a company that Gibson wouldn't rate being a pimple on the ass of. The condition is certainly not showroom or collector new. It's a player, and a damned fine one, at that. Most people who actually play guitars, as opposed to hanging them up for others to assume they play, don't get their panties in a twist over petty {censored} like that. Now get a {censored}ing life and quit trolling. If the price doesn't suit you, move on. Douche bag.

• Members

Yeah, 'cause looking at your list of guitars, it's clear you've NEVER
overpaid
for overly-hyped, marginal quality controlled production model midlife crisis guitars. Maybe you better avoid what I'm smokin'. You're doing pretty good on your own. This is a rare one-off from '91 from a company that Gibson wouldn't rate being a pimple on the ass of. The condition is certainly not showroom or collector new. It's a player, and a damned fine one, at that. Most people who actually
play
guitars, as opposed to hanging them up for others to assume they play, don't get their panties in a twist over petty {censored} like that. Now get a {censored}ing life and quit trolling. If the price doesn't suit you, move on. Douche bag.

My guess it'll continue to hang on YOUR wall, for that rediculous price, DOUCHEBAG. I play the {censored} out of my guitars, and haven't overpaid for a single one of them.

You seem to want showroom price, for a beat guitar. Even mint, you wouldn't get near that. Go back to your stem, and smoke up.

• Members

fwiw, usa hamers are not cheap

and ill bet the rare ones are a bit pricey

ive never even seen one of those, and ebony fretboard!!!

same color as my charvel from the 80s

maybe advertise it on the hamer forum?

Excellent call, Frank. Already there! ;-) Been a member since '09. Most members on the HFC know their Hamers and also know the market. No one on there even blinked at my asking price. Several of them said if they had the cash, it'd be gone already. But truth is, economy is still tight and the holidays are coming up. For an excellent playing, sounding custom build with top notch materials, the asking price is reasonable. Not saying it's a bargain. But it is reasonable. And as I pointed out to Tonesnob, if it's not to anyone's liking, that's okay. The guitar won't move. But don't get on my post and start attacking my judgement and my right to price as I see fit.

• Members

Excellent call, Frank. Already there! ;-) Been a member since '09. Most members on the HFC
know
their Hamers and also know the market. No one on there even blinked at my asking price. Several of them said if they had the cash, it'd be gone already. But truth is, economy is still tight and the holidays are coming up. For an
excellent
playing, sounding custom build with top notch materials, the asking price is reasonable. Not saying it's a bargain. But it
is
reasonable. And as I pointed out to Tonesnob, if it's not to anyone's liking, that's okay. The guitar won't move. But don't get on my post and start attacking my judgement and my right to price as I see fit.

Fair. And if I had the cash.... well, you know.

• Members

A rev headstock USA Cali fetches good money. They are extremely rare. Not sure why the hate is showing here. If I had the spare cash, it would be on its way to my house right now.

Right on, ElectricEye. But the only hater on this post wisely signed off. Everyone else seems to get how rare and f-ing cool this custom Cali is.

Gimme a nice Hamer Phantom GT with a Kahler or even a Floyd, or a SS1 with crowns, 24 frets and a routed Floyd and I'd be ecstatic...

• Members

IMO, it's too pricey for that guitar in that condition and you may get some "I wish I had the cash" comments, but highly doubtful it will sell at that price.

Granted, tonesnob gave his opinion when it was not solicited, but it's the internet, no need to get so worked up over it.

• Members

IMO, it's too pricey for that guitar in that condition and you may get some "I wish I had the cash" comments, but highly doubtful it will sell at that price.

Granted, tonesnob gave his opinion when it was not solicited, but it's the internet, no need to get so worked up over it.

Codecontra, how would you react if someone trolled your ad and was openly critical of the the price you listed for an item?

Let's face it, there are a lot of impressionable folks on here, not to mention a lot of folks who are just generally uninformed as well. Comments based on such misinformation or outright ignorance can have a detrimental effect on whether something sells. I don't see where this being the internet excuses or rationalizes that kind of intrusion & discourtesy. Having been a member on the Hamer forum, I get a very reliable insight as to what is reasonable pricing for this. $1600 is fair for a rare, custom one-off. If, in your opinion, you think it's too much, you're welcome to move along. Leave it to sit there. But don't f*** with someone's ability to sell it. Tonesnob gave his unsolicited opinion which could effect how others react. That's what got me all worked up. I suspect a lot of others would react similarly in the same situation.

• Members

The man's price is his price. No likey, no buy-ee.

I know dick about these. But, the seller ALWAyS has the right to set their price. You can always come down on your price, nd you can always go up on your offer. The inverse does not work.

I'd nuke this thread, start over and erase the bad mojo.

Hopefully, the perfect buyer will appear and a win/win will happen :)

• Members

Codecontra, how would you react if someone trolled your ad and was openly critical of the the price you listed for an item?

Let's face it, there are a lot of impressionable folks on here, not to mention a lot of folks who are just generally
uninformed
as well. Comments based on such misinformation or outright ignorance can have a detrimental effect on whether something sells. I don't see where this being the internet excuses or rationalizes that kind of intrusion & discourtesy. Having been a member on the Hamer forum, I get a
very
reliable insight as to what is reasonable pricing for this. $1600
is
fair for a rare, custom one-off. If, in your opinion, you think it's too much, you're welcome to move along. Leave it to sit there. But don't f*** with someone's ability to sell it. Tonesnob gave his unsolicited opinion which could effect how others react. That's what got me all worked up. I suspect a lot of others would react similarly in the same situation.

There is no rule on this forum with respect to giving input or opinion and I think your initial reaction to his post was immature and overly venomous. You could have simply stated the facts and made your point without blowing a gasket. Forum members call each other out all the time around here. Sometimes it is because the seller is scamming, sometimes because they have the item legitimately way overpriced and sometimes it is just a case of ignorance as may have been the case here. If you hung around these forums more, you would find that it is very common to list links to Craigslist ads calling out sellers for overpricing or what not.

So apparently tonesnob made a comment when he didn't know much about the guitar or value. I don't think he was necessarily trolling you, just giving his input which may have been misguided. I just think you went a bit off the deep end. In any event, your point is not lost on me, good luck selling the guitar.

• 1 year later...

Archived