FS: Vintage Yamaha Acoustic FG-450-S Awesome

blueradioz

• Members

Awesome Dreadnaught Acoustic - In the spirit of Martin. I believe this is an early 80s model. The solid spruce top has aged to an incredible golden glow - at least 25 years old! Beautiful ringing tone with dark pearly bass and nice treble sparkle. This is one of the best guitars Yamaha made.

Comes in softshell case. I can send pictures, if you email me: david@rkwrealestate.com

I have been pretty obsessive about this model. I currently own three of these. I'm selling one or maybe two.

$300

Dave

• Members

I have decided to sell two of the three I own. I started with 5.

Here's some additional information:

The build specs on the FG 450 s changed through the 80s. These early ones that I have with the bird on the headstock are, for some reason, miles above the later ones (with the leaf on the headstock). The leaf headstock ones are very common, and are duller, to my ear

• 4 months later...
  • Members

And it was a piece of {censored} -- JUST KIDDING!

I can vouch for Dave. I bought the other one in June or thereabouts. It was exactly as he described and it plays great. Has a very nice sound that takes years for a guitar to develop....

These are extremely worthy guitars for the money. I own several Yamahas and love them all, including the one Dave sold me...

• Members

Hi, Dave can vouch for me, I bought the first one off him in June. While there are no issues at all with it, it's barely left its case in 5 months.... I play Martins and Ovations and bought a really nice Taylor this summer.

So Dave, if anyone who was interested wants to contact me, please do. I spent $300 plus $33 for shipping. So I'd like to get that back. I'm in NYC and Paypal and shipping would be buyer's responsibility. Or you can send me a certified check and/or pick up in NYC.

No need to sell, just not playing this and my 336-SB is still a great guitar!

Archived