1996 Ovation Sunburst Elite Standard 1718

guitar23

• Members

Price Reduced....

I'm trying to get more info about this guitar, it's apparently "more" than a standard.... with the gold pegs, 5-piece neck, etc. SN is SN-489160...

Ovations: "Real" folkies laugh at them, but they have such a beautiful tone, especially amplified. In fact, I've often ended up going with one of my Ovations in the studio over a Martin.... usually when you want a really pretty strumming rhythm track... they have a really soft, sweet tone.:p

Other than the small (about 1") crack in the finish (visible in closeup pic and the one color pic I have), there's a very small ding toward the lower bout (in the black area, hard to see), but the guitar is extremely clean overall, especially the neck and fretboard. The back is flawless... (just a joke! Though it is clean). I own a bunch of acoustics, so this guitar has not seen much use and was only rarely taken out to a gig. Comes with hardshell Ovation case.

Schaller gold tuners, five-piece neck (see pic)... I only have one color pic and the Sitka spruce top, which is a beautiful tobacco sunburst, is not well-represented in that JPEG. The neck is thin and easy to play. Deep bowl, so it's not as tinny as the shallow Ovations can be unplugged.

I've owned it since 1998. It really has a beautiful sound, and has warmed up immensely over the years. Comes with OP-X pickup system (4-band eq, notch filter & volume knobs).

Link to photos:

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc171/georgemannguitars/

Here's a link to the Ovation page for the current version of the guitar:

http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=1812

Asking $650, including shipping. This model goes about $1,200 new, from what I can find online-- but Ovation's online page doesn't mention if it has gold Schallers and five-piece neck. Buyer pays Paypal, or I will accept certified check/MO. I'm in NYC if anyone wants to check it out live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived