feeler: 1962 Harmony hollywood archtop electric

jjegg

• Members

I have a chance to buy what I beliave to be a 1962 model 2 pickup version of a Harmony hollywood archtop electric. the link below is exactly the same model guitar. I would buy it probably only to sell. I know you experts out there would know the value. I'm just looking to see if the asking price is where I might make a few bucks. If you might know a approx value please post. It plays pretty good. looks great, had dearmond pickups , and seems to be in overall good condition as It looks as it was well taken care of.

http://harmony.demont.net/model.php?id=124

• Members

These fairly common, both the single and the double pup version. The real guide to pricing one depends on the condition, and the later ones are more valuable because of the Dearmonds.

If it's mint , and original, expect around $350-400. The key word is "mint". Considering these were moderate "student" guitars (Harmony's categorization) and nearly 50 years old, "mint" ones are rare, and therefore carry a premium with the collector crowd.

Other then mint, pricing ranges from as little $100 (about the price the pups now fetch) to around 200-250 tops for "nice" ones. I should mention that "nice" refers to the looks, not the sound they produce. There is no mistaking the original market this guitar was meant for.

I would also not expect to be able to "flip" one quickly.

Archived