Yamaha CJ-818SB Country Jumbo

aidenmartine

• Members

I've got my sister's CJ818SB up for sale. She got it for her birthday, took a few lessons and that was the end of it. It sat under her bed for almost 20 years. I've played it sparingly (too big for me and I'm fond of parlour guitars). I've given it a pro set up recently. Great guitar, great condition. A couple of minor surface scratches on the front lower right bout that you really have to look for, but a terrific example of a mid eighties Yamaha. Balanced, chimy tone. Sounds like a Taylor in that respect but not prone to boomy lows of a jumbo, just a very lush balanced sound. Smooth satin neck and rosewood overlay headstock. The same acoustic used by Dave Mathews in concert if that means anything to you. She's just not getting enough playing time, and my daughter wants a strat, so she needs to find a good home. Comes with original HSC.

16-1/2" lower bout, tobacco sunburst finish, spruce top, mahogany back and sides, bound rosewood fretboard with dot inlays, rosewood bridge, mahogany neck, chrome tuners, black pickguard, 1-3/4" nut width, 25.5" scale.

Please access picture via this link;

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/aidenmartine/YAMAHA%20CJ818SB/

• 3 months later...

Archived