Bouchet Classical Guitar: Hagenlocher (Spain)

devnulljp

• Members

Parting with my beautiful Bouchet model classical guitar built for me by Henner Hagenlocher in Granada, Spain.

Hagenlocher, widely considered one of the great makers in the Granada school, studied in Hamburg under Michael Wichmann in the early 1990s, and moved to Granada in 1996 after visiting Antonio Marin's workshop. His guitars blend the Marin influence with qualities of traditional Spanish guitars, discovered through his extensive investigation into the great masters like Torres, Santos Hernandez and Manuel Ramirez. His instruments are lightweight with an immediate explosive attack. Although he builds in a largely traditional style, his instruments have great power and projection.

I custom ordered this from him with an extra high C on the top string (heavy Augustin Barrios phase).

Guitar is in excellent condition, plays well and has a nice full tone. Spruce top and Rosewood back & sides -- I don't think he can get the rosewood any more and now uses African Blackwood.

One small crack in the top expertly repaired by Granville Island luthier Geza Burghardt in Vancouver in 2004.

Built in 1999, Granada, Spain.

Mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and headplate.

19 frets (20 on the high E) with very little wear.

German Spruce top, Brazilian rosewood sides and back.

French polish.

Sloane tuners, abalone tie blocks, bone nut and saddle.

Euro-style arched hardshell case

$5000 OBO

119cf97d.jpg

417622de.jpg

b06641f1.jpg

1fdd6da6.jpg

cd42ffca.jpg

38acf8ea.jpg

9e9e262a.jpg

3e49f268.jpg

d7b1becb.jpg

caf330ae.jpg