• Members

Now For Sale or for Trade

Type / luthier: Dake Traphagen/classical

- Year of construction: 2003

- Scale length (mm): 650mm

- Top: East Indian Cedar

- Back / Sides: East Indian Rosewood

- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony/Brazilian Rosewood

- Sound: As you would expect from a Traphagen Cedar topped Guitar: warm, articulate yet still projects nicely

- Condition: Excellent +++

- Price:  was $5500       now $5000  + shp 

- Viewing / trial possible: of course - Location (nearest city): Buffalo, NY

Trade value is $5500. I'm looking for comparably priced higher end guitars or combination of guitar and cash deal. I need the guitar that you trade to be in excellent condition and a model that I can sell . I am not interested in guitars that are so unique that it will be hard for me to sell.

You can hear an example of a standard Cedar topped guitar at Dake Draphagen's website:  http://www.traphagenguitars.com/guitars/standard\_cedar\_b.html

I have posted the story as to how I came about purchasing  this guitar from Mr. Traphagen and how little it has been played:

http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=81267

The guitar was originally purchased for my son who play it only a few times when taking lessons from Joanne Castellani just prior to him leaving for music academy and then conservatory with out the guitar.I have been the caretaker of the guitar ever since. I am a guitar player but not a classical guitar player so I have not played this guitar. It has been well cared for in my humidified home. I own over 40 guitars including 20 acoustics, but I'm not a classical player. I would love some one else to take possession of this fine instrument and play it.

I don't know that much about classical guitars other than what I have posted here. If you have additional questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. I am an honest seller and do not miss-represent instruments. My ebay name is drtomstew and I have an positive rating of over 700;please check out my feedback. Also check out the 48 hour approval I am offering.   The guitar is in excellent plus condition and comes with its original case. The top of guitar is French polished whish is now somewhat dulled. This is not unusual for this type of finish. I will let you re-polish the finish.  

Dake Traphagen 1.jpg  Dake Traphagen 7.jpg

Dake Traphagen 2.jpgDake Traphagen 3.jpgDake Traphagen 4.jpgDake Traphagen 5.jpgDake Traphagen 8.jpgDake Traphagen 9.jpgDake Traphagen  11.jpgDake bridge   11.jpgDake Traphagen  12.jpgDake Traphagen  13.jpgDake Traphagen  14.jpgDake Traphagen  16.jpgDake Traphagen  17.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Still available? I have a mint 1996 Chris Carrington classical I'm willing to part with (Mr. Carrington is currently making a new one for me). I also have several top-of the line Yairi instruments, both classical and steel string, as well as a Rainsong WS 1000, all in mint condition. Please let me know if you're interested

Archived