Pre-War All Mahogany, X-braced May Bell Parlor Guitar For Sale w/ hardshell case $1,500

BarryG

• Members

I am selling my pre-war May Bell (Slingerland) parlor guitar for sale. (The Slingerland brand was eventually acquired by Gibson.) You won't find too many of these highly prized May Bell parlor guitars on the market, and fewer still in the fine condition that this guitar is in. The back, sides and top are all mahogany. The top is X-braced, which is also rare in guitars of this type and vintage. The nut (about 1 7/8th inches wide) and saddle are bone. The fretboard has side markers only. The scale length is 24 inches. The necks meets the body at the 12th fret. It has a slot head with open gear tuners that have black buttons. 

The guitar shows normal signs of wear for its age-- some surface scratches and dings. It has been checked out by a luthier. There are no cracks or loose braces. The luthier performed work on the fret board and frets and set it up beautifully with light gauge strings. As a result, the guitar is an easy player with a sweet voice. It's more suitable for finger style (e.g., blues) but can be strummed too. 

It comes with a virtually new hard shell case.

I'm asking $1,500, including ground shipping in the continental United States. 

Archived