FS: Framus Cobra 100W Head

bignate1

• Members

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was nodachi1 way back in the day, but I can't remember my old email so here's a new account. Been gone awhile and accumulated some extra amps, so now it's time to downsize.

This thing is a beast and works perfectly. Tubes are pretty new, maybe 10 hours on them total. Everything works great and it sounded fantastic through my Mesa 4x12. It's heavy, it's crisp, and the clean channel is surprisingly pretty for being a metal amp. That said, I've used this thing from grunge and even Christian rock too.

Issues are only cosmetic: a couple white scuffs around the edges of the chassis and some of the black ink on the faceplate had smudged when I first got it (hasn't done it since). And the footswitch's cord has pulled away from the frame (though no cords are frayed and it works fine). If you have some electrically tape, you can easily fix it, or just use your own switch or midi controller. Also, it lacks a power cord, but you can grab those at target for less the $15. (see pictures in the link for everything mentioned).

I know these go for like $1600-1800 on ebay, but given the minor issues, I'd love to offload this for $1000-1200. Local pickup only (Washington DC area), but I'm willing to drive 100 mi to meet you halfway if need be.

Archived