70's Era Fender Bassman 50 w/ Matching 2x15 cab

zac503

• Members

Here is my 70's era (I haven't been able to nail down a date) Fender Bassman 50. All Original except for the tubes. It comes in great condition and is fully functioning. Original amp covers are included and the amp is in very good cosmetic condition.

A new set of tubes are reccommended as the current ones have been in there a while. Semi Local pickup only in the western half of North Carolina and surrounding areas. Asking Price is around $650 but negotiable and open to trades.

Pm for more info and better pics.

bassmanhead.jpg

bassmanfull.jpg

bassmanplate.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well It has WICKED cleans, but not a hit of gain on it. You can get some good natural gain when you crank the thing, but it stays pretty much pristine all the way up. If you're gassing for a marshall or orange this might not be your thing anyway. I know that this amp is extremely modable though, and FJA mods said he could put a gain stage in it, or make it even more fendery clean. Good potentional for a hot rodded Fender.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by zac503

What kinda band are you playing in? have you joined the channels? that gives a bit of a volume boost.

hard rock

ive got a EH Deluxe Memory Man as the last pedal before the head. what i do is use my DMM dry out on the guitar input 1, and DMM wet out on the bass input 1, so i can get the mix right, and its louder.

if i bridge the channels, i dont get the tone/volume changes like everyone else does. the bass volume pot is messed up, because when i bridge the channels and when the volume on the bass channel is in the range of 3-7 the overall volume drops, but goes up when at 2 (or below) and 8(and above).

and basically im just tired of having to crank the thing, then engage a boost to keep my levels above his 100 watt head, which stays about 3-4 volume on his 4x10 Hartke cab, when i have a 4x12 Marshall cab :( im still afraid i might blow something or that im wearing the tubes too fast

Archived