For Sale or trade Pair ALNICO 12" speakers

mozzer

• Members

Hi

I have a pair of 12" 16-Ohm alnico speakers. I do not know the manufacturer, as there is nothing whatsoever by way of label on these, although there are a couple of numbers if you are a numbers freak. But boy, do they have a sweet, warm sound to them. Fabulous clean or slightly pushed, these are the best sounding drivers I have ever heard. No wonder guys go after them for cleans, jazz or blues, although they will bottom out pretty nastily if you get stupid with them. I would assume that, like most alnicos, they are about 20 watts apiece, but they play pretty loud.

So why am I getting rid of them? Well, I need to raise the cash for a 12" bass guitar driver as I have a serious jones to build a folded horn bass cab, and I already have a Vintage 30 for guitar, which is too good for me coz I can't play much gittar anyhow. Can't play much bass either, come to that. I guess I'm pretty much useless all round.

Anyhow, you can own these for 60 bucks for the pair and I'll throw in the shipping in the continental US for free.

Phil

Archived