Vintage 1970s Silverface Fender Champ Tube Amp

Mr. Twang

• Members

I am selling a good condition 1970s Slverface Fender Champ tube amplifier. The amp was recently retubed with a great set of Tung-Sol tubes, which really made the amp come alive.

This Champ plays perfectly and sounds awesome. It is a perfect little tube amp for bedroom guitar practice and loud enough for small gigs.

The power cord was replaced at some point, but it was done professionally and it looks and works fine. The speaker was also upgraded (a typical mod for this amp) to a Weber. (I don't know much about speakers, but it says "Weber C8SS" on the back.)

The tolex is in generally good condition, although there is a small tear on the top left side of the front, and there is some minor on the top by the handle, possibly a small cigarette burn. (I included photos below to show these.) Either way, the amp has a lot of character and is functionally sound. The cabinet itself is solid with absolutely no issues.

I am not sure of the exact year, but I believe it is a 1977. I will gladly send you a pic of the serial number if that would help you identify the amp's age.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I work in Manhattan and I will have the amp here with me in the office for any potential buyers to pick up. I will only deal in person. While I work in NYC, I live in Connecticut, so I could arrange to meet you there as well.

I have plenty of pictures of the amp, so shoot me an e-mail if you're interested.

jess.hoeffner at credit-suisse.com

Thanks.

Champ.jpg

ChampTear.jpg

ChampSpeaker.jpg

ChampTop.jpg

Archived