FS/FT Framus Dragon

MESAexplorer

• Members

Bought it off of Dimebag about 6 months ago. Great amp but I rarely get to play it while I'm an hour away at college.

The pics I will be able to show you guys will be limited, like I said, I'm an hour away at college during the week.

100_0048.jpg

No footswitch. No damage.

Open to any trades. Looking for a Line 6 Vetta II+floorboard or HD147 (plus cash), Mesa Dual or Triple Rectifier, German toned amplifiers (open to ENGL trades maybe ;)) Ask away, I'll consider anything.

Price to sell $1300. Will throw in a Dime Distortion (good boost) for free.

Just to let all of you know, I will be on vacation from the evening of Friday the 21st until Sunday the 30th. The earliest I will be able to ship is Friday 5th or Saturday the 6th given that the a deal is reached during the week after I'm back.

• Members

Yeah, getting rid of it unfortunately. I know I'm going to miss the clean channel. Smokes the hell out of any amp I've owned before (F-100, Roadking, Mark IV, Quickrod, 76 Fender Twin)

Located in VA.

You might recognize my rig from Ultimate-guitar. Have over 4500 posts there. As far as the guitar, I'd be interested in seeing some pics first. Gotta know what I might buy ;)

• Members

Yeah, getting rid of it unfortunately. I know I'm going to miss the clean channel. Smokes the hell out of any amp I've owned before (F-100, Roadking, Mark IV, Quickrod, 76 Fender Twin)

Located in VA.

You might recognize my rig from Ultimate-guitar. Have over 4500 posts there. As far as the guitar, I'd be interested in seeing some pics first. Gotta know what I might buy
;)

Surely! Here's all the info on it (if it was in 100% shape I'd be asking A LOT more):

First up: Phiga Hybrid

Phiga_Hybrid_01.jpgPhiga_Hybrid_02.jpg

Phiga_Hybrid_03.jpgPhiga_Hybrid_04.jpg

I bought this great guitar despite a few things I knew about it that I didn't like. First, the neck is a FAT FAT neck! It has one of those "baseball bat" necks. I generally avoid those as I have many slimmer necks that I know work for me and I prefer. I thought I'd be able to adjust to the fatter neck, but alas I cannot! After approx 30 minutes of play and my wrist is a hurtin'. I thought I'd get used to it, but it's been a few months now and still my endurance on the neck has not improved.

The guitar has suffered weather checking in the finish. The doofus who originally bought it opened the case too soon after receiving it and cracks in the clear coat are clearly visible (see pics). Also because of that, the neck join can be felt, but the join is solid and will continue to be.

I was planning on re-finishing it if I was to keep it, but I just can't get used to the neck.

It comes in a form fitting HSC.

So after all the bad, here's the good.

- Set Maple Neck, 2 Way Truss Rod

- 22 Fret Rosewood Fretboard w/UFO crop circle inlays, Medium Frets

- 1/2" Bookmatched Quilt Maple Top w/"racing stripes"

- Bookmatched Wild Oak body

- Dual Tesla Humbuckers (vintage flavor)

- Piezo Bridge Pickup (recessed)

- Sting Thru body

- Approx. 8.25 lbs

- 5 Way Switch

- Mini Switches for coil tap on both humbuckers

So with the coil tap ability, the 5 way switch and the Piezo the tonal possibilities are crazy! The humbuckers are definitely vintage flavor, not hot or "modern". It sounds warm and balanced.

• Members

I'll have to think about that. It's interesting. If it were a 7 string I would have been sold.

I'll get back to you though, looks pretty sweet.

Cool, let me know...I'm trying to work out other trades as well, but would prefer a high gain head as I don't have one right now.

Archived