X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Epiphone Pathfinder EA28-RVT

I am selling a 1961 Epiphone Pathfinder EA28-RVT vintage tube amp. This amp has been sitting in my closet for the past five years doing nothing. I bought it on ebay and never played it, as other things in life intervened. There is a small tear in the original Jensen C10R speaker, so I replaced it with a new Weber Signature AlNiCo12 speaker with a smooth cone (for a tweed voicing...earlier breakup, etc). It has reverb and tremolo. The trem works great, but the previous owner removed the dual reverb/tremolo footswitch. I found a period correct footswitch on ebay which is included. I suspect the previous owner may have modded the amp to use the reverb circuit to add a gain stage to the #1 input channel, a common mod. These amps were produced by Gibson in Kalamazoo and were voiced for humbuckers, rather than the single coil voicing of Fender amps. So I would recommend this amp as a recording or practice amp for someone playing with humbucking pickups. The Pathfinder's specs are identical to the tweed Gibson Falcon GA19-RVT (pre-"Crestline" series). If I were to keep the amp, I would take it to a tech and have it gone through. The amp is cosmetically excellent with one or two tiny tears in the grill cloth, a bit of wear on the corners, but amazingly clean for a 50 year-old vintage tube amp. I would like to get in the neighborhood of $500 for it, as I have the cost of the amp + new speaker + period correct footswitch in it. Has two inputs, a monitor output, loudness, tone (combo bass and treble), reverberation, speed and depth pots. Tubes: 5Y3GT Rectifier, two 6V6GT power tubes, three 6EU7 and one 6C4 for the reverb. All the tubes look original (Sylvania I think) PM me if interested and I will provide more detailed photos. The attached pic is identical amp and a page from the original catalogue.

bluzdoctor

Bump

Comment

Price drop to $450obo

Comment

what's the wattage on these amps?
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Amps : 1965 Fender Bandmaster, 1965 univox u45b<br />
        Guitars :1975 Fender Mustang, 1967 fender duo sonic II, 96 CIJ Fender Jaguar, 1969 Yamaha FG-75, 74 Gibson SG special<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        good deals with:<br />
        surfn748, TheSense X 2, hivedestruction, kasper1ik, box handler, brokenarrow5, gregadeth, nsnyder6, chairborne, thork86, shredtilurded, drummerdarko, sgboy, teleman</div>

Comment

what's the wattage on these amps?

These amps are pretty low output, at 15 watts. I would look at the amp as a practice or recording amp. There are probably ways of increasing the output, but I am not an amp tech. However, it has nice tones and good breakup when dimed.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
            X