FS/FT Gibson 4/10 Medalist and Super Medalist

tRagerEffects

• Members

I have two amps for sale that are sitting at my parents house. One is a Gibson 4/10 Medalist ($300) and the other is a Gibson Super Medalist ($350). I have them listed locally on Craigslist, but figure I would post them here as well to see if there is any interest in them. I am lazy so I am just going to link the craigslist posts and you can read all the info from those. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I am open to trades for pretty much anything that takes up less space :).

Gibson 4/10 Medalist - $250

Gibson Super Medalist - $325 GONE

DSC08497.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Would really love to trade this for a telecaster style guitar...but open to anything really...

hey, would you ship the 4/10 medalist?? I know these are hell to pack and ship so understable if you are only dealing locally. If you would ship. Is the volume knob broken off or the entire top half of the volume put?? does this amp use a rev/trem footswitch that plugs in or is it the kind that is wired inside the chassis?? Might be interested in buying or trading a tele.

Thanks!

• Members

I would be willing to ship if the person who wanted the amp was willing to pay for shipping costs. The amp is really heavy approx 75-80lbs, so the shipping costs alone would be a lot and that is if I could find a box large enough to put it in. My zip is 47408 if you wanted to do some research on how much it would cost. The nice thing is that the thing is incredibly solid so it would just be a matter of wrapping it in cardboard and protecting the tubes. The volume knob is completely broken off to the point you can't move it and the pot will need to be replaced. The reverb/tremolo is activated by a footswitch that I don't have and it is a really weird plug. If you wanted to use a footswitch with it you would have to modify it somehow. What kind of telecaster do you have?

• Members

I would be willing to ship if the person who wanted the amp was willing to pay for shipping costs. The amp is really heavy approx 75-80lbs, so the shipping costs alone would be a lot and that is if I could find a box large enough to put it in. My zip is 47408 if you wanted to do some research on how much it would cost. The nice thing is that the thing is incredibly solid so it would just be a matter of wrapping it in cardboard and protecting the tubes. The volume knob is completely broken off to the point you can't move it and the pot will need to be replaced. The reverb/tremolo is activated by a footswitch that I don't have and it is a really weird plug. If you wanted to use a footswitch with it you would have to modify it somehow. What kind of telecaster do you have?

Thanks for the honest and detailed info..Shipping looks to cost roughly $75-$100 price range..It all depends on the size of the box. I have a vintage 80's Profile Silhouette Telecaster..it is Made in Japan and is not one of the cheaper ply body guitars. It is solid ash/blonde 1950's tele style.. with a rosewood neck. It has recently been refretted and plays perfectly. All original minus 1 tuner and I installed a american tele 3 way switch after the original broke. It sounds excellent also.

Archived