WTT Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Holm14

• 4 months later...
  • Members

somebody help me out.

i have a a limited edition python fender hot rod deluxe 1x12 speaker (celestion vintage 30) and it doesnt sound as good as i want it to. the distortion channel isnt all that great. the main problem with it is the high frequencies hurt my ears. its just not a quality sound. the amp sounds muffled on the drive channels. i think i need to replace the tubes or something. i thought long about buying a mxr 10 band eq to fix the frequency problem but idk. the only tubes that stick out to me are the JJ/Tesla HRD retube kits and electro harmonix tubes (two 6L6's and three ax7's). i've even thought about getting the extension cab because i think it might make the sound bigger and better but idk that. idk if the amps been biased or not or if i should do that. when i bought the amp, it was sitting in the music store for a few months then i played out with it for a whole summer and part of the fall so im guessing i need a tube change but idk.

heres what i have:

i have a really nice ibanez les paul copy from '84 that i play through a standard crybaby wahwah, into an electro harmonix metal muff, into a mxr DIII, into that green overdrive mxr pedal, into a boss noise suppressor, into a bbe sonic stomp, then into a volume pedal back into my input of my HRD.

all i want is the drive channels to sound as best as they possibly can and a solid clean channel to lay effects on without every note i play pierce my ears. i know i have good equipment but it just doesnt sound good.

somebody who with a HRD who's knows what will make mine sound good, please let me know. my band's starting to play gigs again and i wanna make sure i sound solid.

Archived