1968 Fender Bassman Head Silverface

30secs

• Members

That can't be a '68 Bassman.

The "Bassman 50" wasn't made until 1972.

http://www.ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=28

A '68 Bassman would still be "blackface spec" and thus more desirable as well as more expensive. It would also say "Bassman Amp" where yours says "Bassman 50"

That being said, I don't think your asking price is unfair, I just wanted to clear up the mistake involving the year of your amplifier.

Also, as long as that is pre ultra-linear transformer, it can handle just about any load above 4 ohms. I was running mine @ 8 ohms, it could also do 6 ohms/etc. I wouldn't recommend ridiculous mismatches like 32 ohms and the like.

FWIW, a quick google search of the serial number located on the back right side of the chassis can verify all of this information.

• Members

That can't be a '68 Bassman.

The "Bassman 50" wasn't made until 1972.

A '68 Bassman would still be "blackface spec" and thus more desirable as well as more expensive. It would also say "Bassman Amp" where yours says "Bassman 50"

That being said, I don't think your asking price is unfair, I just wanted to clear up the mistake involving the year of your amplifier.

Also, as long as that is pre ultra-linear transformer, it can handle just about any load above 4 ohms. I was running mine @ 8 ohms, it could also do 6 ohms/etc. I wouldn't recommend ridiculous mismatches like 32 ohms and the like.

FWIW, a quick google search of the serial number located on the back right side of the chassis can verify all of this information.

Thanks for the info. The serial # is "A 66684". I guess it was made sometime between 1968-1972 (Fender tail). If someone can help me find out the exact year I'd appreciate it.

• Members

Remeber, logos are easily interchangeable
:thu:

If you go into advanced edit, you might be able to change the title. It doesn't always work.

The amp is all original and has been verified as 1972.

Archived