FS : LOADED Wizard Modern Classic w/NOS power tubes $3795

thegame

• Members

This is an older Modern Classic from 1995 or 1996 in exceptional condition. I've played several Modern Classics and Metals throughout the years and this particular one is my favorite MC. Compared to other MCs I've played, this one has a bit of (Wizard) Metal like upper end grind and tighter bottom versus the browner, vintage oriented nature of other MCs I have experienced.

This amp has several FACTORY mods :

- tube buffered FX loop w/send, return level controls. Tonally transparent, works great with pedals and rack FX.

- 3 gain mods (Treble pullout, Lead Master pullout, and the input is hotwired even hotter than the 'high' input on other dual input MCs).

- increased internal shielding. This Wizard has the lowest noise floor (yet HIGHEST gain) out of all the ones I've tried. No ghost notes with this one.

The only non-factory alteration was the installation of a FRESH set (4) of matched, Mesa labeled (STR-450) NOS SIEMENS EL34s, properly biased and setup by Fortin Amplification. These tubes are going for approx $150/pair nowadays.

Anyway, price is $3795 US. Conditions of the sale :

- No trades.

- Shipping extra.

- Money orders, bank drafts welcome. If Paypal must be used, buyer pays fees.

Thanks for looking :) PM me here or email garyay AT cogeco DOT ca

• 2 weeks later...

Archived