Sovtek Mig-60 Amp Modded by Angelo Marruzzi from James Lugo Shootout Fame

JJBell

• Members

Sovtek Mig-60 Modded by Sovtek Amp Guru Angelo Marruzzi, the same guy and mods done for the 2009 James Lugo shootout amp.

Angelo is THE man when it comes to Sovtek Mig-60s and mods them almost exclusively, which is why I got one and sent it to him.

Killer JCM800 on the high channel, very raw and dynamic. Here is the clips recorded by James Lugo at his studio for the shootout on the high gain side.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=965182&content=music&songcount=37&offset=0&currentPage=1

These are MUCH different than the 50W and 100W. They use cheap PCB Boards, and board mounted pots and tubes. The Mig 60 has almost everything hardwired, and is Point to Point wiring, except a few Circuit Boards, that appear to be hand etched. The Mods are shown in the pictures.

The real treat with this amp, and the one I used the most, is the Low input with pedals. VERY Plexi like, and is one of my favorite tones for pedals. I use the low input almost exclusively.

This amp is really loud, hard to believe it is just 60 watts. I ran it with Tesla EL-34 power tubes, and JAN Phillips 5751 preamp tubes. Angelo set the amp up with JJ EL-34 Power tubes, and the JJ preamp tubes. The power tubes and preamp tubes I played for about 1 hour, and sound great, I just wanted less gain and installed my own. The tubes he set it up with will be included, and have less than 4 hours on them.

The amp is super clean, some tarnishing on the handle ends. Pics show the condition and shape. VERY clean, and ready to give years more of service. This amp was not gigged, and used in the studio and several recording projects.

I am going all rack for some projects I am doing, and have to sell this to fund some rack stuff.

These go between $5-600.00 normally. I shipped it to L.A. and paid 350.00 for the mods and tubes, then shipping back.

750.00 shipped and Paypalled 48 States. No out of country or overseas on this, just too heavy.

Shipped Fedex, Boxed professionally, and securely, fully insured to your front door.

309-714-0825 Text for any questions, please no calls.

Prefer Cash, but will consider a trade for a high end Tube Power Amp

SovtekMig-60Modded012.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded013.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded001.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded004.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded008.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded009.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded014.jpg

SovtekMig-60Modded015.jpg

Archived