2 prototype Dimebag Darrell Warhead X2 heads

Ian Egnater

• Members

If you are reading this, you probably are well aware of what these amps are, so I will keep it short explaining features. These were the final version of the Dimebag Darrell Warhead amps from Randall. They were to be used on his next Pantera tour at the time, but they broke up and Damage Plan was formed. This led to Dimebag and Randall parting ways, and him going to Krank.

I came into these heads due to the fact that my dad (Bruce Egnater) designed them for Dimebag during his time at Randall. One of these is one of the first preproduction samples, before they were actually built for stores. The other which I'm guessing will have more interest is the actual very first prototype that was taken to Dimebag's house and tweaked/played with him and Bruce. You will notice the original prototype has "rev 1.00", and a date of 10-20-03, which was before this amp was even ready to be produced. The later prototype looks much different internally, has a "rev 1.01" as well as a later date inside. You will also notice that the original prototype has all red LED's around the knobs, where the later version has the added green and yellow LED's for the "Dime settings". This is because the original was obviously made for Dimebag to play and tweak, so his settings were not in place yet.

With all that said, there is a disclaimer that goes along with these amps. There is no head box for these, since they are prototypes. They are just the metal amp chassis and obviously the circuits. There is no warranty from Randall or Egnater. I will supply all the schematics for the amps though, so that you can have a tech work on them if you need that. I make no guarantees other than the authenticity of these amps, and that they will function properly when they arrive to you. I'm assuming there will be questions about these amps, so ask away and I will do my best to answer everything and can supply any necessary pictures.thumb.gif

As far as a price goes, I'm open to reasonable offers. These amps are not going to go for what a normal X2 goes for though, especially the original prototype. I will just keep them at that price. Not interested in trades of any sort. Willing to sell them separately, so specify which amp you are offering on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy555

View Post

I AM A HUGE RANDALL FANATIC!! ahh, how close tonewize are the x2s to my coveted rg100es's? i have 2-1985-86-ish RANDALL RG100ES.also i JUST MADE AN OFFER on a real clean rg100es. pm me the price you live with

The X2 was designed very accurately to be all of Dime's setup in one box. So his C200 (or RG100, not sure which they modeled, maybe both), 6 band EQ, and Furman PQ3/4 all in one box. The F/D is not modeled because that was used for 1 amp in a 2 amp setup. These sound amazing and are extremely tight. The original warhead isn't anywhere near as close, go for the X2.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived