WTT Peavey 6505+ with brand ne JJ tubes

shane159

• Members

I think the main differences between series 1 and 2 is that series 2 has the option to switch between 6L6's and EL34's and it has a revamped clean channel and a Raw mode on the distortion channel

Yes I've got the footswitch and footswitch cable

• Members

Cool, I will let you know tomorrow what's up. The youtube vids don't do it much justice so I am going to play it myself around 3 tomorrow. How is the low end on it? I like allot of lows but most 50 watters seem to lack a little IMO.

• Members

The lows are pretty good to me, it sounds pretty much just like the dual recto I used to have. I also like a lot of lowend. It sounded fine with my recto and avatar cabs.

I usually kept the bass around 7-8 the mids at about 4 and the highs around 7 and got a pretty badass sound out of it.

One thing I did notice about it though was that I liked the sound a lot better with EL34's. It seemed to give the distortion a bit more bite and stand out a little more. Is the one your going to test drive a series 2? If so take a set of 34's with you if it has 6L6's and when you pop the 34's in you'll see what I'm talking about

Archived