FS: Rivera Knucklehead Reverb Head

RipVanWinkle7

• Members

Up for sale is my Rivera Knucklehead Reverb Guitar Amplifier (KR55 Top). I don't use this amp to it's full potential, and because of that, I am wanting to downgrade to a smaller tube amp.

I recently re-tubed the entire Pre-Amp and Power-Amp sections. The major change that was made was the addition of Genalex Gold Lion KT77's (comparable to EL34) Power-Amp Tubes, which gave the Amp a warmer and thicker tone while still retaining those Fender cleans that this amp is known for. I also put a TungSol in V1, JJ in V2, Ruby in V3/V4 (if I remember correctly), and a Sovtek in V5 (The Phase Inverter slot). All of the Pre-Amp tubes are 12AX7's. However, this amp is not only known for it's Clean Channel (Channel 1), it has a reputation for being an amplifier that has many different faces (tonally speaking). It has been said that the Rivera Knucklehead Reverb is like a Fender/Marshall/Soldano in the same amp.

-Fingerstyle Blues? You got it

-80's Rock? No problem

-Death Metal? Absolutely

This amp has unfortunately seen very little playing time because of the nature of my work/school schedule. It has spent most of it's time stored in my bedroom (Clean and Smoke-Free).

I will also include the Rivera Headmaster MIDI control board, which gives you full access to all of the MIDI presets that are in this amplifier. However, the Headmaster is not limited to just Rivera products, it can be used as a general MIDI control board for other applications that are completely unrelated to Rivera.

This amp is $2,400 brand new. I am asking $1,000 shipped

• Members

Bump for a great amp. I own the same amp and it does everything I need. I don't have my Shiva any more; but my KHR55 is still here, and I use it as often as anything else I own (17 fine amps from Matchless, VHT, THD, Fender, Rivera, and several others)..... the KHR55 third channel, separate sub controls, full 16 ch midi capable, including a full featured programmable MIDI controller that also does mechanical switching via 1/4" jacks (like channel switching on another piece of gear)? Hard to compete with that at this price point... Yes, it was made to compete with the heavy gain metal machines, but don't forget that Paul Rivera ran Fender's amp division for a while. His job included designing/overseeing development of a great line of amps in the early 80s (including one of my favorite small gig amps, the Princeton Reverb II that I purchased new in 1984) so the KHR of course has a superb Fender-like clean channel with luscious reverb. However, the main reason he was hired was to build a line of amps to compete with this little upstart company (Mesa/Boogie) so he knows gain too. This head does nearly everything, and well. This through a good 2-12" along with a Rivera powered sub and you have a weapon of mass entertainment !

H150CM_KHR55.JPG

Good luck with your sale. Great amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived