MARSHALL VS265, MG100DFX 0r suggestions

yyyames

• Members

I've never owned a Marshall, Ive been playing off a Roland JC-120 for a while and looking for something thats not so clean. Looking for an amp with some more gain. I was offered a MARSHALL VS265 for 150 locally and was hoping some of you might know more about it or own one.

Curious about the quality of the Marshall MG100DFX or 250DFX cuz thats the ones I've been looking at.

• Members

I bought a mg100hdfx head for the heck of it and it actually sounds pretty good.....guess it just depends on what you are after...It has really good cleans and sounds good at high volumes.....they are alot tighter sounding than a tube Marshall....might sell it,I have a bunch of heads.....just wanted to try one out since I heard mixed things about them....They are cheap enough to experiement with.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by yyyames View Post
I've never owned a Marshall, Ive been playing off a Roland JC-120 for a while and looking for something thats not so clean. Looking for an amp with some more gain. I was offered a MARSHALL VS265 for 150 locally and was hoping some of you might know more about it or own one.

Curious about the quality of the Marshall MG100DFX or 250DFX cuz thats the ones I've been looking at.
this is the classifieds section.. try to post in the discussion section and you will get more replies. But anyway, 150 for a VS265 is a good deal, they're decent practice amps... so is the MG series, you can't wrong with them for the price.

Archived