FS or FT *!*!*Carvin STEVE VAI LEGACY *!*!*

srv3089

• Members

OK new item for trades list I am really wanting a Marshal JCM900 MKIII 50w head. All offers considered. This Is a great amp I can't believe that no body has even shown a bit of interest. Can some one tell me, is carvin really hated that much in the guitar player realm?

• Members

guitarbilly74:

"yeah it's a great amp but it's not worth the same as a LP studio or a 900 MKIII so maybe that's where the problem is. I bought and sold the Legacy twice for about $400. Just saying."

You can buy les paul studio's and Marshall JCM900's for $400 to $500 all day long which is just exactly what the legacy is going for. Just saying. So how is not worth the same?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah it's a great amp but it's not worth the same as a LP studio or a 900 MKIII so maybe that's where the problem is. I bought and sold the Legacy twice for about $400. Just saying.

I agree. You can find plenty of faded studios for 400-500 , but not for a gloss one. If you do? It's usually battered and something is wrong with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by srv3089

View Post

guitarbilly74:

"yeah it's a great amp but it's not worth the same as a LP studio or a 900 MKIII so maybe that's where the problem is. I bought and sold the Legacy twice for about $400. Just saying."

You can buy les paul studio's and Marshall JCM900's for $400 to $500 all day long which is just exactly what the legacy is going for. Just saying. So how is not worth the same?

Tell me where! Just the Marshall's.

Please post a link.

• Members

Those particular 900's are pretty cool and a few have sold on here recently for $500,but they typically bring more......they seem to be gettin gmore respect now...the dual reverbs tend to go a little cheaper....been wanting to try a Legacy...you have a price in mind for it?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah.. there is none. Delusional guy is delusional. But hey, I've tried to help.. oh well.

They are all over. Just watch eBay or guitar center and especially Local music stores. There was one here locally about 6 months ago that went for $425, So I AM NOT Delusional. The only ones I see going for more are the 100watt versions. Since This is causing Such an argument I am pulling this ad. I did not post this to be called delusional. I have researched my options price wise and was just trying to see if I Could trade a great amp for what I am looking for and wanted. Some people (not naming anybody) just need to live in the real world and stop thinking that stuff that is 20+ years old is worth loads of money, Grant it a lot of the real old stuff is but certain things just aren't. Thanks to all the offers but I will just keep this than to let it go for way less then what it's worth. I am sorry to anybody in the future that is interested.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by srv3089

View Post

They are all over. Just watch eBay or guitar center and especially Local music stores. There was one here locally about 6 months ago that went for $425, So I AM NOT Delusional. The only ones I see going for more are the 100watt versions. Since This is causing Such an argument I am pulling this ad. I did not post this to be called delusional. I have researched my options price wise and was just trying to see if I Could trade a great amp for what I am looking for and wanted. Some people (not naming anybody) just need to live in the real world and stop thinking that stuff that is 20+ years old is worth loads of money, Grant it a lot of the real old stuff is but certain things just aren't. Thanks to all the offers but I will just keep this than to let it go for way less then what it's worth. I am sorry to anybody in the future that is interested.

Bull{censored}.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by omni

View Post

Bull{censored}.

The one that I had mentioned for $425 I know the person that sold it so its not bull{censored}. Guitar Center has one right now for $550 with the foot switch. I have seen them from any where from $400 to $500-550 but that is the going rate, that amp is not GOLD and going twice as much as anything new. Maybe its just in Texas because as the saying goes everything is bigger there, and apparently even thoughts on value.

Archived