FS/FT/FA: RARE Dr. Z Stang Wreck / Ken Fischer modded (Trainwreck)

alschnier

• Members

big price drop! hope to grab the esquire next week:love:

Very RARE Dr. Z Stang Wreck: This is a Stang Ray that was sent to Ken Fischer to be tweaked for his friend (the original owner, who bought it from Ultrasound on KF's recommendation). Kenny tweaked the mids, added NOS tubes, & installed early prototype Celestion Blues.

This amp, was also supposedly used by Brad Paisley for a one off performance in NY. I spoke w. Gene @ Ultrasound to try & corroborate the dates, as the original owner thought it may have been the Today show, but Gene did not know exactly what show it was for. He did say that Brad was a client & rented backline when in NYC, so it was all likely.

Gene did however, remember the amp & recalled discussing it with Kenny.

There were apparently only 2 KF modded "Stang Wrecks". the other one was supposedly returned back to stock @ request of it's owner :love:

SOOOOOooo..... I'm lusting after Richeray's Esquire. wasn't going to sell this, but... :D will also incl. a complete extra set of similar NOS tubes (I pulled the originals, as a few were ringing, & boxed them for posterity). NOW $3000 +SHIPPING & PP

** will also consider Princeton Reverb, Silver Jubilee or Fender '52RI Tele in partial trade

more pix: http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/alschnier/stangwreck/

DSC04255.jpg

DSC04260.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived