Cajon vs Chiropractic

1001gear

• Members

That's exactly it. No double talk. Friend of mine tends bar but has a pretty good thing going playing music. His latest outing is with the cajon, a bassist and the singer guitarist of the week. Complains that it's starting to get to his back. Naturally I asked why not a stand then and he says it doesn't sound right if you don't sit on it. :idk: Anyway, the Taylor and Martin can be drummed on your lap or even standing up. Better tone too lol.

• Members

i will choose a good djembe over a cajon every time when given the option... i like standing up, moving, adjusting position... and its tough to sing bent down like that... breathing, and comfort plus a more versatile instrument... ( in my limited skill set ) makes it difficult for me to even consider sitting hunched up on a small square flat chunk of hardwood...

• Members

I got a Yamaha piano bench for 20 bucks from Amazon which I use as a drum throne. Very cushy but solid. Beats that beat up circular thing I had been using. No heavy tripod either. Happens to work just right on keys too. What are the odds? I like djem (bae?) but my hands will start to hurt after a couple tunes. They are easy to lug around though. I'm thinking my way through {hay, wut r branes 4?) a planar plywood percussion setup that would play a lot easier than slappin a box and for sure have more tonal variety.

• Members

On reality? To skeree.

On djembae (plural) it's the rimshots that start to wear away. Same thing with conga and bongo. On drumsticks I do a deliberate death grip. It works like an embouchure - maybe for like sousaphone but like LFOs instead of bouncy boingy King's English stick control. Playing has to be more deliberate and that's a steep learning curve but the beauty is it's way more articulate that traditional methods.

Archived