Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started playing drums now and first time i actually consider myself as a drummer

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just started playing drums now and first time i actually consider myself as a drummer

i'm 36. and I thought I was lousy at the drums and could never do it live or anything. but now I think I can do it! I'm thrilled!!! I have a new hobby. drums!... life is good

You have a developed sense of rhythm so that's the better part of it. Now you gotta figure sticks out.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• mbengs1
      mbengs1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the sticks? what. stick it up your butt?

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the second warning I've issued to you today... please keep the discussion civil mbengs1!

Originally posted by mbengs1 View Post
    i'm 36. and I thought I was lousy at the drums and could never do it live or anything. but now I think I can do it! I'm thrilled!!! I have a new hobby. drums!... life is good

I started play drums at the age of about 34. It took me a month to be able to keep a simple beat. A lot long to do cool fills.

I'm still not a good drummer. It's something like any other instrument you need to work on daily for hours and hours.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• mbengs1
      mbengs1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I play electric drums so its not a problem.

Congratulations! It's great being a drummer. We are a rare breed, especially compared to guitarists. I hope you can keep the flame alive my friend.

From on drummer to you.

Comment

bye

Comment

Originally posted by mbengs1 View Post
        the sticks? what. stick it up your butt?
        Well you can do that if it suits you. There are no rules. Except sticks aren't picks. They are much slower and unruly. And you gotta swing 'em around with your arms often many many yards per tune instead of millimeters like picks. Good drummers need good body control. Being good at dancing wouldn't hurt either. The upside is you don't need to know any music; just how the beats go.

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment
          Well-played.

Working...
      X