96% of bands looking for better drummer!

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

Puhleez. Most bands don't realize that the reason they think the drummer is lacking is they don't know enough to know they themselves suck. If you ask me, most drummers wouldn't embarrass themselves by trying; keeping it generic to at least fulfill a professional norm.

Funny piece! :lol:

IMHO, it's funny because there's a grain of truth to it. (Ducking to avoid the shower of drum sticks headed towards my head... :lol: )

The drummer is so fundamental to a band that a mediocre one can make the rest of the band look / sound bad, even if they're all decent players... a great one can make mediocre players sound better - just about any band is better with a good drummer.

...and great drummers are relatively scarce. The ones that do exist are in high demand, and most bands out there don't have great drummers. Ergo, many bands would like to have a better drummer. ;)

For more laughs, check out this article too:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/65k3a6/drummer-wanted-must-be-the-exact-person-i-am-imagining-in-my-head

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Funny piece! :lol:

IMHO, it's funny because there's a grain of truth to it. (Ducking to avoid the shower of drum sticks headed towards my head... :lol: )

The drummer is so fundamental to a band that a mediocre one can make the rest of the band look / sound bad, even if they're all decent players... a great one can make mediocre players sound better - just about any band is better with a good drummer.

...and great drummers are relatively scarce. The ones that do exist are in high demand, and most bands out there don't have great drummers. Ergo, many bands would like to have a better drummer. ;)

For more laughs, check out this article too:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/65k3a6/drummer-wanted-must-be-the-exact-person-i-am-imagining-in-my-head

You just described my band. Me and guitarist are extremely high level. Drummer is medioce at best. It sucks trust me

• Members

Back when I played with other musicians (piano - pretty much solo these days) , my complaint was with drummers trying to play impressive fills and such - but didn't know how to lay down a good groove. Sometimes laying down a great groove can be more knowing what to leave out more than throwing everything you have into it.

[video=youtube;_ldtieSEyQM]

• Members

Steely Dan after all those tracks with nary a bad lick finally went on the road with Keith Carlock - who IMO did the worst renditions of any Dan tune period. Disappointing since prior to hearing him with the band I thought he'd be the perfect addition. Turns out instead of displaying any kind of intelligent approach to the covers, he went ahead (and probably at their encouragement and blessing) funked it all front to back. Sounded like a kid on his first tour.

Archived