Top 10 Rock Drummers

onelife

• Members

I listened to "The Mule" from Deep Purple's Made in Japan the other day so when I saw this top ten list I was curious where Ian Paice would be ranked.

[video=youtube;aiMgjKYyVW8]

Imagine my surprise (and the words that came out of my mouth) when he wasn't even mentioned in the video.

[video=youtube;K12-eUX8UFg]

"Can we have everything louder than everything else?"

• Members
I haven't seen the list. My preferences lean toward performance worthy ability and musical fit ie. and in no particular order; Gadd' date=' Collins, Porcaro, Vinnie, et al.[/quote']

I believe that Ian Paice would fit your criteria although I haven't heard him outside the context of Deep Purple.

The list is really not worth looking at. It would probably frustrate you and solicit a few WTF?s.

• Members

I've met many a drummer that could completely blister a set when they were playing alone or in a clinic setting. But put them behind a band and they were lost as a cat in the middle of the freeway.

And conversely, I have meet drummers that were lost when playing a solo or in a clinic setting, but turn on the band and they were righteous.

D

• Members
I've met many a drummer that could completely blister a set when they were playing alone or in a clinic setting. But put them behind a band and they were lost as a cat in the middle of the freeway.

And conversely, I have meet drummers that were lost when playing a solo or in a clinic setting, but turn on the band and they were righteous.

D

Very well put. I would hope that I'm the latter. I guess everyone has their own "List" Who you like and inspires you is up to you.

• Members

I'd go further and say of those shredder types, most have nothing musical to offer and will rattle off pet rhythms and figures oblivious to any musical considerations present or implied by the very figures they do. And at the other extreme, many so called groovers, are just simple players and little else. They play simply and at the core of the rhythm and tend to miss all the "moments" a good drummer should be in and on. I find this kind of playing less annoying than the former but still dull and frustratingly "rong".

• Members
I'd go further and say of those shredder types' date=' most have nothing musical to offer and will rattle off pet rhythms and figures oblivious to any musical considerations present or implied by the very figures they do. And at the other extreme, many so called groovers, are just simple players and little else. They play simply and at the core of the rhythm and tend to miss all the "moments" a good drummer should be in and on. I find this kind of playing less annoying than the former but still dull and frustratingly "rong".[/quote']

^ this

Archived