Headset mics??

DonH81

• Members

I play drums in a Def Leppard tribute and I'm the primary background vocalist. I can't take the mic stand in my way anymore

I'm looking for a pro-quality headset mic with a built-in, over-ear monitor. I know Tommy Lee used to use something like this and I thing Rick Allen does but I'm coming up empty with my searches. None of the high quality mics (like the Crown) seem to offer the integrated, one-ear monitor. The only ones I'm finding that look like what I'm talking about are the cheap telemarketer or gaming units.

Anyone??? Price is no object.

• Members

you learn to breathe out of the side of your mouth away from the mic, ive used several starting with the old shure sm 10.. hey, i think the old shure sm 12 had an in ear monitor... dont know if they still make em cause im using etymotic in ear monitors and have never been happier... as far as headset mics, they tend to move if you play a physical style... caps, headbands, bandannas can help with the heavier models but i ended up going the countryman route... much lighter so less mass but its easy to forget you have it on... be aware.. lol...

• Members

Every time I see him do this song live, I think "There's no way he's gonna make it there in time."

Yeah, I'm just about giving up hope that this even exists. It blows my mind that, with all the crappy versions of what I'm looking for out there (for gamers, etc.), not ONE manufacturer has had the foresight to create a combo unit for performing musicians?!?!?

I know I saw Tommy Lee use a HS mic with a one sided, over ear monitor but I guess it was a custom job. Even if I resign myself to 2 separate units I might also have to try and get used to an in-ear monitor as well because I can't have the other ear covered and I've never seen one-sided, over-ear head phones.

Thanks for your help. The CM311 it is.

Archived