just checking in how yall doin?

boxorocks

• Members

Just checking in with y'all from Alaska... How y'all been? I been playin the arctic blues, and dealing with life as it comes.

Not playing drums at the moment which is a bummer, but as long as I get to play I'm happy...

Just wanted to say hi to all my drum lovin bros. Come say hi and enjoy the music. Share it with people you know into blues.

Reverbnation

• Members

I have really limited internet here, limited everything, I'm in a log cabin out in the wilderness, the only internet I can get is tethering to my cell phone and it's sooo slow, and only works in one spot with my head tilted to the side and my arm sticking out of the cabin so I don't have much access to get online much. But I wanted to say hi to everybody, after what happened with Mark, I like to check in and make sure everybody is dong ok.

I'm actually trying out for a Tom Petty tribute band Wednesday. Ugh it's the waiting thats the hardest part.... Am I right or am I right? Badump bump..

I am looking for a kick, snare, and hats for my girl. If y'all know of any good, for cheap, let me know, shipping to Alaska is expensive, USPS is the cheapest by far...

1001gear, Technically it is Fairbanks zip code, but way way way way way out away from the city. Only moose and trees around here. lol....

Dendy, thanks, I will check in as much as I can. Where else would I release my sex tape and become famous?

• Members

Dude! I think I have seen you on that show about the Alaskan RailRoad!! :)

That is too cool. We recently purchased an airstream and my wife and I both said if our kids were grown, we'd find a place off the grid to pull the thing and live!

Since you are out in the wilderness, consider HC your get away where you can hang with friends! (like the local bar!)

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Glad you're enjoying the Alaskan wilderness, Boxy!

I haven't been around here too much, but every time I pop in, I think about how much I miss it. I'm still busy with a few bands and a few things... I'll try to get a thread going about my newest thought, and I need to get another blog up, as well!

I'm down to two functioning bands currently, which is weird for me, but have an audition in a week for a local classic rock cover band -- hopefully that will bring in an extra $100 a month to pay for this hobby o' ours.

Archived