Can't seem to get seat part off drum stool?!

Happy_Thom

• Members

Hi guys I wonder if anyone has any suggestions about my drum stool?

It's brand new and I got it from thomann.de or whatever they're called.

I put it together no problem but now i can't seem to get the seat bit off the stool - I'm fairly sure the only thing that's holding it in place is the wing-nut but even when removed completely the seat bit just wobbles and I can't take it apart

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Happy Thom: It doesn't take much at all to hold that seat top on.

Have you tried backing the entire wing nut out to see if it still clings after the wing nut is removed?

Pictures if you tried that and it doesn't work.

D

I'm so sorry I missed your reply - I'll get on that ASAP.

Even without the wingnut attached at all it still won't come off - so bizarre...

• Members

I need a new drum throne too. There's nothing wrong with mine cosmetically, but a few hours in the saddle and it's not cutting it on my butt.

Maybe I really do need to spend 150-200 bucks on a new one.

It's probably something you shouldn't order on line, and should physically try in a shop.

• Members
At least your throne didn't do this! This could require immediate medical attention!

D

fetch?id=31636920

OMG

do all drum throne seats fit the frames. I'm not sure if they are standard. I could just order the seat part for not that much coin. I currently have a Gibraltar drum throne.

Like this one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/roc-n-soc-original-retrofit-throne-top

I did a quick measurement and the seat post I have looks like a 7/8 post, but I need to get a set of vernier calipers on it to make sure it's not some weird meter thing and off a bit.

• Members

ive been running a pearl hydraulic roadster throne for about six or seven years now. at one point i was tipping 300 lbs. ( 220 now), and it still performs flawlessly. i tried the roc and socs but it felt like i was sitting on a couch... lots of choices mean better chances at finding a good fit for YOUR personal preferences...

Archived