Two More Great Drummers Gone - RIP

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

RIP AJ PERO- Drummer with Twisted Sister (age 55)!

Here he is with an iconic kit painted by the great Pat Foley!

fetch?id=31450580

Bruce Crump- Drummer for Molly Hatchet.(age 57)

fetch?id=31450581

Ironically, I remember both these pictures from Modern Drummer when I was a pup. Oddly, I am 52 so ... I think both of these guys died young!

Rest well drum brothers.

D

• Members
It's sad. The life prolly killed 'em.

What life?

Unless you know something (please share) why make conjectures like this?

Reminds me of the time I was in a used CD store (remember those?) across the street from my work, I was talking to the guy behind the counter who was a fellow drummer. Tony Williams came up and the dude says Tony died of AIDs and was gay.

Tony died in a hospital after undergoing gall bladder removal surgery.

Just because they are rock drummers doesn't necessarily mean they were drug crazed sex maniacs. Those stereo types are well covered pretty well by the ignorant masses.

• Members

I didn't take his comments as negative, but they may have been assumptive. Being a pro drummer can be extremely stressful. Most don't make the money that "we" think they do. I can't tell you how many very well known drummers that I have given cab fare or coffee money to.

D

• Members
I didn't take his comments as negative, but they may have been assumptive. Being a pro drummer can be extremely stressful. Most don't make the money that "we" think they do. I can't tell you how many very well known drummers that I have given cab fare or coffee money to.

D

If my assumption was wrong, I apologize.

On a similar note, I saw an interview with Sonny and Cher or show about them and they said they were out of ca$h at one point and had to borrow money from their limo driver or housekeeper.

Archived