No non-musicians backstage!!

Gremson

• Members

I finally played a gig on drums again over the weekend. I haven't done that since middle of last summer! I played for my friends album release. It felt really good to be behind the kit again.

lucky me though. We had the tiniest space backstage to store our gear. The band that went on before us was trying to put their bass rig in the storage room. I asked the bassist to hand me some of my drums to make space for his bass rig. But there's was someone else there... Someone that wasn't playing in any of the other bands... A non-musician. He was Happy to help though!

The bassist of the other band handed me my ride cymbal and floor tom, and while I was on my way to set them on stage I hear a tight and loud POP! When I got back to the storage room, I saw the happy helper pulling my snare off of my kick drum with some of the snare wires still wrapped around a lug. The wires weren't too bad off, but the head was toast.Bummer! Finally a gig back on drums and I can't play my snare!

The drummer of the previous band was nice enough to let me use his snare for our set. His was a 6.5X14 PDP Ace. Pretty cool drum! I'd been wanting to check one oF those out! Fun to play.

Anybody else get the short end of the stick when someone's tried to "help?"

FB_IMG_1425118695625_zpscxfmipvw.jpg

Archived