Genesis

1001gear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Which part you talking about?? is mostly a very loose and fast ride hand and the ability to let you other hand be independent of the ride hand, takes a BUNCH of practice. their is also some over dubs?? and in concert is a second drummer, but back when, Collins was really this fast. hopefully these live shots and cover tunes can help? but as far as playing just like him, I can't really say either! Here is the 76' tour with Bill Bruford as the other drummer.

• Members

I hate the sonic quality of these entry level Sabian Cymbals, Phil uses Sabian AA and HH brand but back in 76 he was using Zildjian A series, but this will give you a much better view about what's going on behind the kit on Los Endos. A lot of long Genesis songs like this, you still have to learn to play in one or two minute increments until you have the whole song down. But this song is all over the place on the drums!

• Members

Wow I thought this would get your attention :eek: lol. Thanks for all the examples. The part I am referring to is of course the fast diddlish thing in the intro. The two guys in the covers just played alternating singles, ghosting on the hihats. PC did more or less the same with Bruford and Thompson but with the big band you can clearly see he plays straight paradiddles for a bit. On the original recording he does some ghostly stuff that's really hard to catch. He played grooves like that here and there with Brand X as well. Could be dubs like you said but parts sound like he's going

L L L L L L L L
RRR RRR RRR RRR

interspersed throughout the accents instead of only straight 16ths or plain paradiddles. I'm hoping there's some sleight of hand a la Rosanna that would be doable rather than rolling triple piano with one hand.

Archived