Whiplash

FitchFY

• Members

Have any of you guys seen Whiplash yet? I think it's awesome that there's a movie out with such a strong buzz about a drummer... I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend. I like Miles Teller in his comedic stuff and am looking forward to seeing him do something serious. He's been a drummer since he was 15 and I'm curious as to how much he actually plays in the film, since you can't exactly fake the movements and sounds.

• Members

Honestly, I just watched the trailer and this is a must see for me. I got choked up watching it because as a player, I have never measured up in reality to what my brain believes I should be able to do. Really intense looking film for a musician/drummer.

Thanks for bringing attention to it.

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just got back from seeing the movie. Damn.....it was a good movie.

It's a must see movie. My wife does not usually enjoy movies about musicians or bands and I was surprised as to how much she talked about the movie on the way home. She enjoyed all aspects of the movie and is recommending it to her friends, so the movie is a hit for non-drummers too.

• Members

I'm glad to hear it. Many are not liking it because they say it is a "rough" reflection of music education. I have indeed experienced instructors who have "pushed" me beyond what others may have thought was "appropriate", but most of them knew my potential and just wanted to pull that out of me.

I can't wait to go see.

D

Archived