Treat from Carmen :)

Enigmatic

• Members

Folks, anyone remember carminemw? Recently i have been taking few tips and advise from Carmen on how to play drums and compose songs. Being as helpful as Carmen is, he provided few versions of the same demo song. I thought this would really help other aspiring drummers. How immensely difficult it can be to record live, and how to prepare to do so.

Check out the videos:

Here was the 1st take of the same demo song

Enjoy. :)

• Members
Fundamentals is errthing. (don't know if the polarity is right there..sounded cool)

Takes a lot of prep to get calls for "easy sessions".

Absolutely, even veterans like Carmen make mistakes :D I didn't notice it at first, but when he recorded this the first time, he did have a few mistakes or two, but being a perfectionist like Carmen is, he wasn't too comfortable with it. As for me, I just enjoyed watching him do the job. It's cool how he shared his sessions.

• Members

Yes...even I, the all powerful, all seing, all knowledgable...even I make mistakes...but they are miniscule as you can see....bwahahahaaaaaa. It's hard to believe I'm still around isn't it? Will I never learn....

Sonnet asked me to give it a go and try to lay something down. You know me, I do love a challenge!

Thanks again for listen, and I hope all is well with you all. I'm busier than a one legged drummer in a JoJo Mayer drum off! But I still love to tinker and play out. I SHALL return...famous last words!

• Members

Haha...Carmen...good to see you back on HC. The forum hasn't quite been the same since the facelift, but i do lurk around once in a while.

You went all out on this track, and i loved it. I have made a similar attempt on the same track with a simple rock beat...but it was amazing to see what you did it with all the cool fills and beats. You are a very versatile drummer...i hope I can follow your example. IMO, a drummer can make a song or break it, so drumming is a very critical aspect for me.

That being said, you need to make a video on "bass" pedal work out. when you mentioned you used to use 2lb ankle weight, you lost me right there! Please share on what that means. My biggest problem with my feet is lack of stamina and consistency in the hits...how do i work on my pedal chops?

Archived