Soooo, you know that beautiful new Mapex kit I just got?

RobWild

• Members

Came home the other day and found our basement flooded with water. Fortunately, the drums seem to be fine. The rug that the kick drum was resting on was pretty wet, but fortunately none of the drum stuff was in any standing water. HOWEVER, I had to get rid of all the rugs since they're soaked in sewage water, so the drums are now broken down and stacked up in storage until the mess gets cleaned up and everything's back to normal. GAAAAHHHHHH, I just wanna play. :(

• Members

Oh man, glad the kit is okay. But flooded sewer water in the basement means nasty hole digging and pipe replacing. YEACH!!

Where I live owning your own home means you get to move dirt (building, landscaping, etc.) I guess where you live it means cleaning up nasty water in the basement, heh?

So if you ever hear someone say the drummer stinks you know they're not talking about your playing.

• Members
That could have had a completely different outcome.

D

For sure. As much of a pain as it is, I am unbelievably thankful that the precious cargo escaped without any damage! Could have been a lot worse....

@Rob, You mean the drums or the basement? :freak:

:angry15:

I'll leave that one up to your imagination.

Whoa. VERY glad the kit is okay -- hopefully your home is' date=' too! I can only imagine the delights of standing sewage water...[/quote']

Fortunately, after a thorough bleaching, everything seems to be more or less back to normal. Let's hope it stays that way! (And on a side not, I am NEVER putting my drums anywhere near a washing machine or water pipe again.)

So if you ever hear someone say the drummer stinks you know they're not talking about your playing.

Ha! I guess that's reassuring (I think?).

Archived