Hello!

nklarow

• Members

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm kind of, sort of new here. I used to post quite a bit a few years ago and was wondering if any of the old regulars are still kicking around... I believe I saw a post where 1001gear posted most recently? Good to see you're still hanging around dude! If any of the guys posting from around 2008-2011 are still out there, or if anyone remembers the Tight Heads drum forum, it would be great to hear from you!

But, of course there are new members as well. I regret to say I took a few years off from behind the throne because life got in the way. I have been back on the set recently the past few months and it's like riding a bike, it comes right back. I really hate the fact I haven't played for so long, that my rustic beauty of a set was sitting at my old house hours away collecting dust. But I made a trip out and got them a while back, and it's been awesome ever since.

I've been living in Vermont still, if anyone still remembers. I met a girl from Austria at my job in Stowe, VT about 2.5 years ago and even though the distance has been long, our relationship has never been better and I'm leaving the country on September 1st to go marry my fiance and start a life living abroad. I'm very excited and plan to make the absolute best of this chapter of my life. I'm going to teach English over there, while trying to learn German as a second language.

Anyways, enough ranting. I miss it here, I really miss playing drums, miss being able to say "I play drums," and most of all miss being in a band and playing live. There's a sort of energy there that you don't find anywhere else. I hope to be posting more here, even though I've almost forgotten what a tension rod or double-ply head really means.

Sorry I went away for a few years! It's good to be back...

Nate

• Members

Nate! Holy cow, man, great to hear from you!

Congrats on the engagement! I'm tying the knot in October, as well, albeit not in Europe. And awesome to hear you're still playing (even with the

hiatus). The forum has certainly changed up a bit, but there are still a few people who poke their heads in from time to time from the heydays.

The best part about this place is you can still say hi from Austria. Wicked cool.

How did your chops feel after such a long break?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Dude! I totally remember and I'm still on here some, but I have slowed WAY down. This forum has changed so much in the past 3 years and it has got so hard to post that many of us left for awhile and then came back now that this place has went back to a better forum platform. Carmine, DW, and a few others are still around although not as much since either it's harder to post on here and some of our lives has changed, new jobs, new hours and so on. Glad to hear you doing well and congrates on getting married!! Just keep your dual citizenship in case things don't work out. LOL Good to hear from you and hope to hear more from you in the future!!

Archived