The Traveling Box of Drums... anyone remember that?

• Members

i remember getting a cymbal and two pearl tom mounts outta that. loaded that thing with my favorite book and a pocketful of lint. naked picture of me as well. (that may have stopped the box in it's tracks.)

• Members

The original box died somewhere out in arizona I believe, when a member who I cant remember exactly, said who couldnt afford to ship it somewhere...???? I was going to start a new one, but the lack of members here makes it just more likely to fail. Great idea.....failed by a deadbeat member.

• Members

i remember getting a cymbal and two pearl tom mounts outta that. loaded that thing with my favorite book and a pocketful of lint. naked picture of me as well. (that may have stopped the box in it's tracks.)

I coulda used those mounts... damn...

• Members

When the box passed through our house many moons ago, it was nearly 16x14 in size. When I shipped it, it was nearly $20 cost. I would say if you cant afford $30 to ship one somewhere, there is no use in you participating. I got a bottom paiste pst high hat cymbal out of it, packed it back up with a splash that I had modified to be a trash splash, some brackets and odds and ends and sent it on its way. It cost me more to ship it than what I got out of it, but thats never been the point. It was suppose to be a way to help, or give back, until someone ruins it. To many greedy people out there. We could still start one back up, all 5 or 6 of us here could participate.......;)

• Members

I was gonna concur with the others about what happened to the old box, it was somewhere out west and the member couldn't afford to ship after a long delay. But For Dendy and helping bring back the "old Crew" I'm in! To get something, you have to give something can be the motto. And yes it should be with members that have no probs with shipping.

• Like 1

• Members
it's a thought... but so is relative anonymity... if we did start another one' date=' realistically what kind of shipping/mailing charges are we looking at? and what, if any, were the rools of engagement?[/quote']

someone made a list of who wanted it and where they were. then, we went down the list, according to distance. that way, my box came from eastern PA and i ended up shipping it to ohio (i'm in west PA.) that way it kept shipping costs down. i think i paid about $10.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...