Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God, this is old.

Really, the only drummer I'd call a bad drummer is one who isn't playing the right part for the song.

I can't resist replying to the (er, five year old) Tre Cool comment... it's pretty hard to play constant eighth notes on the hats/ride at the tempo that a lot of Green Day songs are at, song after song, with a solid tempo.

Comment

I can't resist replying to the (er, five year old) Tre Cool comment... it's pretty hard to play constant eighth notes on the hats/ride at the tempo that a lot of Green Day songs are at, song after song, with a solid tempo.

Not for me... But I don't think he's bad. There are a lot of drummers out there who I really don't like (Joey Jordison, Travis Barker, etc.), but I wouldn't call bad. Most bad drummers can't even keep in time, and therefore never get gigs.

Comment

neil pert.

Comment

LOL, I love it.

We've debated this over and over. I'm the worstest drummer out their. Like I've said, I know only one fill, I drop my stick every fourth measure, I can't play in time, and my arthritic knee only allows me to play my kick in quarter notes...so piss off!

Meg??
          ...says theDan

For Sale:
          Ludwig Centennial Snare & DW 4000 Double Bass Pedals
          I also have a 18" bass drum for sale PM me plz

Comment

Meg??

Wow this is an old thread

And I would have to agree with theDan "Meg".........

Comment

The worse drumma eva is prolly sum guy or gal who has just pickt up a pare of stix 4 the first time write now. Aktually, wud they be considerd a drumma yet? At wat point is one a drumma?
              Join my campaign to eradicate the stupid and nonsensical use of the phrase "I could care less....."

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Originally Posted by Mr. Bunk

I can blastbeat like a mother****************er

Comment

The worse drumma eva is prolly sum guy or gal who has just pickt up a pare of stix 4 the first time write now. Aktually, wud they be considerd a drumma yet? At wat point is one a drumma?

Yeah, I wondered that myself, at what point is one a drummer? Or drumma?

Comment

All i'm saying is that I cannot personally find anything that I like in Ward's playing. To me it sounds like myself when I was starting out - and that, my friends, is not desirable.

Yo man, if you STARTED OUT playing like Bill Ward, you muct be a friggin drum god by now! And I'm sure you're not... you probably suck donkey balls.
                  Ludwig Element CS Retro (Mod Orange)
                  12x8 tom
                  14x14 floor tom
                  14x22 bass drum w/ rail mount
                  14x5 snare
                  14x5 pointed badge Acrolite

Zildjian cymbals
                  15" New Beats
                  17" A Medium Thin Crash
                  18" Armand Thin Crash
                  20" K Custom Medium Ride
                  18" A Custom EFX

Comment

Are people actually responding to this? It's six years old. AND pointless.

Oh God.
                    Music, music, I hear music

Comment

Love all the morons saying Bill Ward is great and Charlie Watts sucks. Uh...they have similar backgrounds, similar playing styles and both play jazz. "But dude, Sabbath rules!" Grow up.
                      Currently rocking:

C&C - 3 ply maple/poplar/maple (2012)
                      C&C - 3 ply maple/poplar/maple (2011)
                      Ludwig Legacy (2012)
                      Ludwig downbeat (1968)
                      Ludwig Standard (1971)

Istanbul Agop/Bosphorus Cymbals

Comment

you do have to admit that Charlie does pretty much mail his performance in live. he's sittin there thinking "i'm gettin paid for THIS!!?"
                        Mapex Pro M
                        Paiste cymbals
                        Attack heads
                        Yamaha stands and pedals

Comment

Time for some comic relief....

Someone once asked John Lennon if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, and replied "He's not even the best drummer in the BEATLES!"

Charley, Ringo, and Meg get picked on way too much.

Jon
                          http://www.jonmattox.com
                          http://www.brightorangestudios.com
                          http://twitter.com/mejon

Comment

The worse drummer is he/she who believes that he/she has all the licks.....and knows all there is to know. There is more to drumming than warp speed double bass blast beats in your face 24/7. Many of today's drummers are technical wizards but somewhere along the line they were never exposed to the art of listening to their fellow band members and understanding what it is and most importantly how it "feels' to be "part" of a song.

Rock on gents and ladies

Comment

It sure isn't Bill Ward. That dude played with more heart then anyone in those early recordings.
                              Sure, God is all powerfull, but does he have lips?

Comment

The worst drummer ever is definitely Buddy Rich. I mean, come on, that guy just plain sucked.

And that Bomhan...? Bonham? guy...... yeah he sucked too. And keith moon, yeah he sucks too.

Wanna fight about it?
                                Join my campaign to eradicate the stupid and nonsensical use of the phrase "I could care less....."

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Originally Posted by Mr. Bunk

I can blastbeat like a mother****************er

Comment

Working...
                                X